58%
No
42%

Total votes: 26

Brickboy
Steward

Is Ninja castle?

Post by Brickboy »

Ok in one of my forums two people were debating on if ninja was castle or not, so here is a forum for you to express your opinions!
Alan
good times
Barbapple
Steward

Post by Barbapple »

viewtopic.php?t=614
-----------
I still think it is....It's a sub-theme!
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Yes. Of course it is. Ninja is castle. Yep definintly.Wht TwoTonic said in his post in the other thread
Space rocks.
Stephen
Laborer

Post by Stephen »

Nope. Ninja is a separate theme.

Just because it has similar parts, or a similar place in time, or reflects a similar society does not mean it's the same thing.

Harry Potter is definitely not Castle, even though it has Hogwarts Castle as one of the sets. Many of us have bought HP sets for the parts, but no one believes Harry Potter is "true" castle.

But since there is an overlap, I think discussion of Ninja sets is of interest to castle fans, but like Harry Potter, it should be part of the General Lego discussion, not Lego Castle.

Stephen
Jyp
Peasant

Post by Jyp »

In French, "Lego Castle" is called "Lego Middle-Age" ("Lego Moyen-Âge"). The first sets were classic and realistic castles (yellow castle 375, tournament 383, etc. in 1978-79, grey castles in the 1984, 1985, 1986, etc.). Then, theses Middle-Age sets became very less realistic and more fantastic, so they may appear as another line of castle: there is realistic castle, and there is fantastic castle. But the change was progressive. On the other hand, the Ninja line appeared separately, it was presented like a different universe.

So, Ninja is castle as Star Wars is space!
(For me:NOT!).
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Yes it is. Just because its in Japan doesn't mean its not castle. Take away the guns and you'll have pre-firearms Feudal Japan which around the same time setting of Medieval Europe.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

My soul is split. Being an European I associate "Castle" with the middle ages, that is: the European middle ages.

On the other hand JP is right, there have been castles all over the world, so also in Japan. The Ninja theme is without a doubt a historic theme, other than Harry Potter that is a modern theme (and Adventurers that is also modern, as there are cars and guns and such.) So I voted "yes".

Bye
Jojo