Hmm...

Discussion of general LEGO topics
Brickboy
Steward

Post by Brickboy »

Hmmmmmmmm lego evolution...................AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Alan
good times
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

:shock: :shock: :shock: OMMFG (OH MY MINIFIG GOD)!!!

De-evolution more like it!!! But that new gray does look better on weapon parts and pieces. Looks more metallic.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

This is actually quite ironic. Before I read this post, I was looking at the new colors and comparing them to a few megablocks (why do I even have any?) I have. I don't have any megablocks grey, but I was wondering if the color change was made to reflect that.

Another scary thought...

Look at any other megablocks color - especially yellow. What if TLC managed to get away with that? I shudder to think of it.
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like heck"

KP 2011!
Teh Stud
Bailiff

Post by Teh Stud »

Companies are outsourcing many jobs to cut expenses and increase profits. Is Lego outsourcing their brick production to Megablock?

:wink:
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

I see where this is going. Down.

You know, mega (spit) is growing. When I was at a store resently, I noticed that mega (spit) had as much shelf space as Lego. Disasterous! Either mega (spit) is growing, or Lego is shrinking. Neither is good.
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Teh Stud
Bailiff

Post by Teh Stud »

Robin Hood wrote:I see where this is going. Down.

You know, mega (spit) is growing. When I was at a store resently, I noticed that mega (spit) had as much shelf space as Lego. Disasterous! Either mega (spit) is growing, or Lego is shrinking. Neither is good.
I've noticed this too. Megablock has been growing for several years now. They've gained a lot of market share from Lego.
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Redaxe wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:I see where this is going. Down.

I've noticed this too. Megablock has been growing for several years now. They've gained a lot of market share from Lego.

Indeed they have. In ToysRus Megabloks has four shelves and a Huge display. Lego: Three shelves. Most packed with Bionicle. Lego has quility. Magabloks,detail
Space rocks.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

I'm afraid that I am forced to concur with my honourable colleagues. Lego is in a downspiral, and unless it sets all those plastic jet engines to propel it upward, it may well be surpassed by M**A B**Ks in total popularity and productivity. That could be a good thing, though, as it might mean that TLC would see sense, and return to something more original, more simple, and more LEGO.
erikut
Steward

Post by erikut »

these are scary taugts man, im getting frigtend.... im glad i dont have any m*******
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

Now what is this? New colors looks like MB?

This is no way near good. Would'nt be surprised if Sava was right in his story telling :wink:

What Lego need is fresh ideas and cheeper sets, maybe that will bring quality down but I'm prepared to take that bloww if the sets get better and the price lower.

Would never buy MB though, hate that cheap rip-offs :twisted:

Play well...and do it with LEGO!
I'm back, and so is Castle!
Rubberchickenknight
Squire

Post by Rubberchickenknight »

*Proclaimation of War*
time for minifig war!! :twisted: Gather your forces and march on all M********* factories!! :twisted: And NEW GRAY and NEW BROWN factories!! :twisted: And Jack Stone related characters!! :twisted: And skin toned minifigs!! :twisted:
*Proclaimation of War Ended*
I mean, M********* colours are so dull and.....(can't find a word to show my anger)
Well, since i don't work for TLC and i can't do anything about it, i'll just torture Jack Stone, M********* minifigs(if you can call them minifigs :wink: ) and skin tone minifigs with some torturing devices i'm making
"When you are wrestling for possession of a sword, the man with the handle always wins." - Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash
Rubberchickenknight
Squire

Post by Rubberchickenknight »

One hopes that all the little yellow people will rise up and throw off their flesh-coloured %*^*&%* persecutors. Of course, there are now flesh-coloured factions within Lego, traitors sucking up to the enemy, obviously!
I just noticed that m********* minifigs are skin-toned. Another link proving lego's going downward. it copies low quality clone companies. :(
Here's the m********* site. note the skin toned minifigs.http://www.megabloks.com/eng/products/d ... &subCat=20
"When you are wrestling for possession of a sword, the man with the handle always wins." - Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash