lego.com

Discussion of general LEGO topics
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

lego.com

Post by Robin Hood »

Is it just me, or is lego.com going downhill. Classic Castle is a much better site. Mainly of course, because it is about castle lego.
I think that it is deteriorating just like lego itself. It hasn't changed its look in over a year. All it shows is "What Will You Make." So is it just me or is the site going down with its owner.
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Snoopy
Archer

Post by Snoopy »

Welcome to Classic-Castle!!!

Lego.com is really only good for...for... well I guess it's not really good for anything. I've been out there a couple times in the last month but only to see if I can find more pictures of KK2.
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Thanks. It is great to be here.
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Webrain
Journeyman

Post by Webrain »

Welcome to Classic-Castle. Try to visit the chat room once in a while :)

Anyway LEGO.com is a good website for LEGO promo, nothing more then that. The only part that it is usefull there is ShopAtHome of course, which you can find LEGENDS and other sets that are not available otherwise.
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Yea. Lego.com is going down hill. Alot of lego is going down hill unfortuanly. I go on there to play games sometines and maybe look at the online catalog. But that's it.
Space rocks.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Yea. Lego.com is going down hill. Alot of lego is going down hill unfortunately. I go on there to play games sometimes and maybe look at the online catalog. But that's it.
I disagree. www.lego.com serves several purposes but not as a site with alot of freedom for posting your own ideas and discussing LEGO. The website is good for shop at home, finding jobs at LEGO, news releases, new product information, etc.

Theme specific sites like Classic Castle, fbtb.net, etc will always have more freedom for members.

Ben E.
Sets Admin
Last edited by architect on Thu May 13, 2004 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

True. What I menat to say is: Lego.com isn't as good as C-C. Yeah, Product info and prices is something Imentioned so...
Space rocks.
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium

Post by Bruce N H »

I actually think that Lego.com has gotten quite a bit better. I like the redesign, and it also seems to move a lot faster than it used to (I'm on an ethernet connection, so I guess I'm spoiled, slow refresh rates really bug me). They are (slowly) adding some fun content. The ability to show your own creations doesn't come within light years of Brickshelf, but is okay for the total newbie/kid who isn't into the whole AFOL scene. Some of the games are kind of addictive. The new "build the story" project in the Star Wars section is uber-cool (especially since they chose my Tatooine desert scene :wink: ). It's certainly not a site to check daily, or even weekly, but a pretty good site as company sites go.

Bruce
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

I remember a few years ago, when I first discovered the online Lego community, there was absolutely nothing to the official Lego site. You could find jobs and read the history of the company, but that was about it. You couldn't purchase sets online or even look at product descriptions. The Lego site is 1000 times better now, in my opinion.
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

forester3291 wrote:True. What I menat to say is: Lego.com isn't as good as C-C. Yeah, Product info and prices is something Imentioned so...
Well IMHO, you simply cannot compare the two. CC is designed and made for people like us who:

1) share a deep love for the castle theme
2) Want a theme specific site to 'advertise' their MOCs
3) to share ideas and thoughts centered around the Castle theme.

The Lego site on the other hand is meant to:

1) promote and sell their products
2) provide a jumping off point for young ones and those new to Lego.

Nevertheless, their site (as far as a recent time period goes) seems to have not changed much and would seem somewhat unattended.
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like heck"

KP 2011!
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

I have to agree with Bruce: far from going downhill, Lego.com is actually going uphill. Internet-wise anyway. The content of the sets showcased is another story. (AFOLs fall silent as the funeral march for old grey begins to play. Then they scream in terror as the KK2 crash the party.)