Harold, The Traveling Castle Fig

Discussion of general LEGO topics
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

Bruce,

I had hoped that was not the case. Very sad something this neat had that happen. I hope Harold has better luck. I agree that it is good to have active and a smaller group. Maybe next time around I will try to make it on the list. Looks like alot of interest already for a follow up travel.

R
BreadMan
Archer

Post by BreadMan »

I suggest we have those on the waiting list check in before round 2 begins, to insure none have disappeared between now and then.
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

I second Brendan's suggestion.

I might join in the future, but for now I'll just watch. :)

~smcginnis
Learning French.

Say it "ESS-MICK-GIN-ISS", with a hard "G", as in "get".

I'm a Pumpkin.

[url=http://www.freerice.com/]Free Rice[/url]
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

Might I be added to the waiting list as well?

Greenfield, IN, US.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

I've thought it over, and I think there's enough family representation on the list, and I have done this before. What 's more, with summer vagrancy in play, I'm not sure I have a stable mailing address.

So, in light of opening it up a little, I'll drop off the list, which I presume means Breadman is on it.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Formendacil wrote:I've thought it over, and I think there's enough family representation on the list, and I have done this before. What 's more, with summer vagrancy in play, I'm not sure I have a stable mailing address.

So, in light of opening it up a little, I'll drop off the list, which I presume means Breadman is on it.
I added Breadman to the list.

Update June 7,2008:

Harold has been mailed to Steve in Nevada and should arrive within the next week :wink: I will post the travel list soon showing Harold's journey.

Ben
BreadMan
Archer

Post by BreadMan »

Formendacil wrote:I've thought it over, and I think there's enough family representation on the list, and I have done this before. What 's more, with summer vagrancy in play, I'm not sure I have a stable mailing address.

Sweet, thanks Formen'!

Ben, if you can make sure I don't get Harold for a couple weeks at least that would be nice, I'm in the process of moving and he wouldn't have much in the way of MOCs to visit right now.
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

architect wrote: Harold has been mailed to Steve in Nevada and should arrive within the next week :wink:
Yay! I'll check my mail daily now.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
Elephant Knight
CC Spriggan
CC Spriggan

Post by Elephant Knight »

Question for architect:

Is the list on your first post the list Harold will take, or will it be a different list?

EKnight
It's not what you say it's how you say it.

Flickr, Colour it Blacktron, A Pirate's Life
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Elephant Knight wrote:Question for architect:

Is the list on your first post the list Harold will take, or will it be a different list?

EKnight
It makes most sense to mail Harold to people that are close to each other. I need to figure out the geography and make a new shipping list. Sadly, my brickworld moc has been taking up my time lately. I am sure you understand ;)

Ben
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

architect wrote:
Elephant Knight wrote:Question for architect:

EKnight
It makes most sense to mail Harold to people that are close to each other. I need to figure out the geography and make a new shipping list.
Actually, I think sending him across huge distances is part of the charm with a globetrotting fig. I mean, sure it would cost me a few dollars less to send him to the Netherlands or so but getting a fig all the way from Canada and then sending him away to Australia is so much more fun (to me at least). We all need a touch of exotism every now and then, don't we? ;)
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Maedhros wrote:
Actually, I think sending him across huge distances is part of the charm with a globetrotting fig. I mean, sure it would cost me a few dollars less to send him to the Netherlands or so but getting a fig all the way from Canada and then sending him away to Australia is so much more fun (to me at least). We all need a touch of exotism every now and then, don't we? ;)
Some members on the list, especially those in Europe and Australia, will be able to do this. One major disadvantage is traveling time. If it takes 3 weeks between every stop, I think that many CC members will lose interest in Harold. For this round, let us try a new way. Once it has been completed, I can survey those involved for improvement suggestions ;)

Ben
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

I got Harold in the mail yesterday.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Athos wrote:I got Harold in the mail yesterday.

Steve
This is excellent news :) I am glad he arrived safely and look forward to seeing pictures of Harold.

Ben
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

architect wrote:Some members on the list, especially those in Europe and Australia, will be able to do this. One major disadvantage is traveling time. If it takes 3 weeks between every stop, I think that many CC members will lose interest in Harold.
That's a good point. From my experience of shipment between the US and Sweden it haven't even taken as long as a week though (and I've gotten stuff from Singapore in three days!), so to me that sounds like a worst case scenario...

But perhaps better safe than sorry ;)
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis