Sasser

Discussion of general LEGO topics
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

I was hit with the SASSER virus and my Hard drive is Kaput. :cry:
So I won't be able to post any of the great pics of Henry here in Calgary. I will be passing Henry along tomorrow. He will be shipped with his postcard from Calgary, but aside from getting to see him in person, all record of his visit is lost.

The virus is a baddie and it goes looking for you. You do not need to open anything or have it arrive in your email. If you have Windows XP or 2000, please update your virus definitions and download all the needed patches.
If you are say out of town for a day and leave your pc on, you could return to a dead hard drive.

I am slowly reloading software and finding all my install disks to return my computer back to some normalcy. I had to buy an all new hard drive and my old one is getting looked at to see if any data can be recovered.

So goodbye Henry and I would like to be placed back on the list at the bottom. By the time he gets around again hopefully my computer life will be back to normal.

1. Legofreak (*)
2. Jojo (*)
3. David Girard (*)
4. Will L. (*)
5. Ben E.
6. Yaron D.
7. Anthony S.
8. Jennifer
9. Lemon_squeezer
10. Lenny Hoffman
11. Bruce N H
12. Dragon Master
13. Erwin a.k.a LEGO_KNIGHT
14. Duchessa
15. Alan F. (Jakob the blacksmith)
16. Sir Marcellus
17. Barbapple
18. Jedipawn
19. James Brink
20. Medib (Benjamin Medinets)
21. Chris M.
22. Will L.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

Oh man - that is really too bad. Computer viruses suck, and the people who create them... lets just say the less said the better.
Hope your computer life gets back to normal, and what the heck - its cool that you hosted him anyway.

freak
Webrain
Journeyman

Post by Webrain »

Really sorry to hear Will. Been looking forward to see the pictures :(
It such a bumer when things like that happens, hope you haven't lost something too importent on your computer.

I hope you still enjoyed his visit though
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

I don't know for sure how accurate this is: but I heard today that the creator of the Sasser virus was caught in London (U.K.) today. I hope he gets the max punishment. He interferred with one of the Lego people! :evil:
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

That's too bad. I'm sure you had great pictures of Henry visit...

How does Henry take it ?
Does he feel depress or he take it positively ?
Does he smile again ?

If you wait until another time, you'll be able to make good pictures again.

Did you like the Quebec postcard, Will ?
I tryied to find a representative one.
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Formendacil They found and arrested the little (expletive deleted) in Germany. He was just a teenager with nothing better to do than overclock my hard drive.

Yaron Yes I lost a lot of important picture files of my kids, 4 years worth. As well as all the extra pics of my MOCs that I was too lazt to take pictures of. :x My wife and I both lost all of our school files, assignments etc... My wife is luckier though, she finished at the end of April. Other than that, mostly I lost my extensive CD collection that I had transferred to my PC. I can do it again, but that was 17GB worth of music.

David I did like the postcard of Henry and I did enjoy hosting him. Henry was saddened by the loss of his vacation photos, but he is ready to move on to the next location. I think my Dwarves made him nervous. :D

Freak
I am going to try and run my old HD as a slave until I can bleed the important files off of it. I'll be trying that later in the week. My system is now partitioned and I have set a scheduler to back up my important files to the partition on a very frequent basis. And yes I hope they do something nasty to the little (expletive deleted). Too bad he wasn't caught in a country like Singapore, they do nasty things to lawbreakers in Singapore. They should ship him there for trial.:twisted:

Thanks everyone for your concern and I must say I'm glad to be back with a working PC.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
LEGO_KNIGHT
Artisan

Post by LEGO_KNIGHT »

wlister
Too bad he wasn't caught in a country like Singapore, they do nasty things to lawbreakers in Singapore. They should ship him there for trial.
Im sure Singapore may be known to strict and stern to lawbreakers but I dont believe we do nasty things to people.

Erwin
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Will's explaination was good but the further comments are off topic from the Henry thread. Therefor those comments have been separated and this new thread will be locked.

Ben E.
Sets Admin