I'm willing to/Sometimes I use Megabloks in my MOCs
27%
Never! Pure Lego!
73%

Total votes: 45

Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Post by Troy T. Moore »

I've had Lego since I was 4 (now 31)! My parents never bought MB. I got a used Lego lot off of Ebay a few years back for my kids to get into Lego and, ofcourse, it was polluted with MB....I threw those out! For me, there is only one brick, the original Lego (now available in "new and improved" colours :evil: ) OK that last bit is sarcasm, but really there is no comparing the two, Lego is the BEST building toy.
Troy T. Moore
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

I am definitely willing to buy and use Megabloks. I bought some of the castle sets recently because the minifigs and dragons looked cool. Then my girlfriend at the time bought me the rest for our anniversary...
One thing I like about the Megabloks is that the normal bricks have a rounded stone-like appearance. I don't have tons of them, but I use the ones I have.
LEGO_KNIGHT
Artisan

Post by LEGO_KNIGHT »

Does anybody knows whether a LEGO minifig is able to hold(compatible with) a MB castle shields. I find the MB castle shields quite cool but I dont have any. So, has anybody tried?

Erwin
Rubberchickenknight
Squire

Post by Rubberchickenknight »

Formendacil, i meant i made a torturing device out of lego to torture M********* minifigs(if you can call them minifigs :wink: )
"When you are wrestling for possession of a sword, the man with the handle always wins." - Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

LEGO_KNIGHT wrote:Does anybody knows whether a LEGO minifig is able to hold(compatible with) a MB castle shields. I find the MB castle shields quite cool but I dont have any. So, has anybody tried?

Erwin
They do fit in minifigs' hands, but they are a little bit loose unless you twist them the right way. I think that the minifig would have to hold the shield at his side the whole time, and wouldn't be able to use it to actually shield himself.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

DoctorSparkles, just how do you know this, you bad boy?

And you, Lego_Knight, how dare you ask in the first place? :evil:
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

No, they are hard to get arround here.
I'm back, and so is Castle!
LEGO_KNIGHT
Artisan

Post by LEGO_KNIGHT »

doctorsparkles wrote:
They do fit in minifigs' hands, but they are a little bit loose unless you twist them the right way. I think that the minifig would have to hold the shield at his side the whole time, and wouldn't be able to use it to actually shield himself.
Thanks, Doc.

Formendacil wrote:
And you, Lego_Knight, how dare you ask in the first place?
Hey. I just thought the MB castle looks cool. Thats all. :wink: I dont own any MB.

Erwin
Chancellor Erik
Apprentice

Post by Chancellor Erik »

I would absolutely never use a Megablok in a Lego creation, they don't match in color or style, not to mention they are of less quality. I do, however, have megabloks sets, which I use while testing certain lego siege weapons. I will keep everyone posted on my battering ram train project as soon as I find my digital camera from under the wrecked Megabloks fortress in my room :twisted: .
Remember, when you reach for the stars, they're too far away and its hopeless. And even if you could, that would burn your hand clean off. - Wally, from Scott Adams' "Dilbert"
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

I absolutaly abhore megablocks. For one, they don't stick that well, and they also tend to "warp" over time. I had a few (maybe around a hundred along with some TYCO bricks, but as I am in the process of organizing my Legos, those went out pretty fast. Even if Lego made some bad descisions on both the color changes and the quality of their sets, you have to remember that the ones catered by clone brands are much, much worse

besides that really cool looking magablocks battleship
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like heck"

KP 2011!
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

That's an important thing to mention, Lemon_Squeezer2, no matter how much we may gripe about the ugly colours of the new greys, etc, the fact remains that they are a much better quality ugliness than the clone competition. :evil:
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

:twisted: NEVER!!! :twisted:
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

Formendacil wrote:DoctorSparkles, just how do you know this, you bad boy?

I have quite a few Megabloks sets. I bought a couple myself, and my ex-girlfriend bought me most of the rest. Regardless of what most other AFOLs might say, I think these sets are neat, and I haven't noticed a huge difference in quality as of yet. In fact, I haven't had a single Megablok piece break, while I've had plenty of Lego bricks get damaged or even come that way...
RuthleSs__PaLadin
Apprentice

Post by RuthleSs__PaLadin »

doctorsparkles wrote:
Formendacil wrote:DoctorSparkles, just how do you know this, you bad boy?

I have quite a few Megabloks sets. I bought a couple myself, and my ex-girlfriend bought me most of the rest. Regardless of what most other AFOLs might say, I think these sets are neat, and I haven't noticed a huge difference in quality as of yet. In fact, I haven't had a single Megablok piece break, while I've had plenty of Lego bricks get damaged or even come that way...
:o So what exactly are you trying to say...? :( covering the Lego minifigs ears.

Dan
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

I have used them in the past, but never again,save in one way. I have made MOCs entirely out of clones. You see, I often buy Legos at garage sales and the like, and find lots of clones. I have made MOCs with them. I don't care about the colors, I spray paint the whole shebang after I'm done. I have a cool Roman bath made out of clones (not sure if it's MB).

Now I buy MB for my son. They are cool looking to him and are much less expensive than Legos which are the only thing left on Earth or under that cost more than gas!
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens