Baybrook LEGO Brand Store Grand Opening Yoda Build

Discussion of general LEGO topics
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Baybrook LEGO Brand Store Grand Opening Yoda Build

Post by SavaTheAggie »

TexLUG was delighted to discover LEGO decided to open Texas' first LEGO store in Houston. They opened a few weeks ago, but they didn't have their Grand Opening festivities until this past weekend. To celebrate, the public was invited to help build a giant Yoda sculpture, and TexLUG was asked to help out. Here are my pictures from the event:

(link goes to gallery)

LEGO also created an exclusive commemorative LEGO set, a neat Space Shuttle Orbiter, which was given away at random intervals. A commemorative T-Shirt was also given out (thumbnail to the above link).

--Tony
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Agent_Jackson
Serf

Post by Agent_Jackson »

It was a lot of fun. The whole weekend I didn't actually go in the store, as the line was so long. They had a 6-foot tall Captain Rex in it, though I don't have pictures of it. Here's my gallery:

Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure.
ELMAS
Apprentice

Post by ELMAS »

It was very cool. I was there with my family on Saturday. Unfortunately I did not get one of the Shuttles :(

We did make our contribution to Yoda though...
Nice also to have a PaB wall. Got a bunch of stuff from it.

Hope to meet sometime. I added myself to texlug so I'll try to make it to one of the meetings in Houston.

Cheers!
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

I find it hard to believe that a smaller market like Portland Oregon has had a Lego store for, what? Three years or so? While the 4th largest city in the US (Houston) only just got one. I wonder why they chose to do that? Arizona just got one as well right? Well, enjoy! The PaB is what really makes it. My club (the GPLR) has a member who is now an employee, and we are very involved with the activities such as the Window on the Community.
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
Peppermint Pig
candied swine

Post by Peppermint Pig »

I find it hard to believe that a smaller market like Portland Oregon has had a Lego store for, what? Three years or so? While the 4th largest city in the US (Houston) only just got one. I wonder why they chose to do that?
I don't entirely understand Lego's logic either.

They have two stores in Massachusetts 40 minutes apart from one another, but absolutely nothing in New Hampshire, Vermont, or Maine. They used to have two stores a few minutes apart, but they closed one of those. A Burlington/Williston, VT store would be more convenient for people from northern New York to Maine and even up into Montreal, Canada.

Ohio needs a store too.