New adventure's theme

Discussion of general LEGO topics
Brickboy
Steward

New adventure's theme

Post by Brickboy »

Hi all! What kind of adventure's theme would you like to see? I personally would like to see a black knights theme. With an old black castle and traps and such. There would also have to be a mystical sword that was guarded by a ghost knight in black armor. I dont know its just an idea. :D Please feel free to post any idea you have.
Alan
good times
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Hmmm, interesting question, I never thought about it before. Now, I have to say that I would like them to realiseeeeee hmmm, Any old castle thing. As long as it is more castle and less, Camalotish.
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

I think they would have to make it Camelot-ish/fantasy-like... at least to a degree. Kids would get bored with a strictly archaeology-themed line.
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

Thats probably too close to the Castle theme. I'd love to see an Atlantis theme, and an African Safari.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

South Sea islands! Its been so long since the Islanders, and we're bound for another overdose of palm leaves! :D
Brickboy
Steward

Post by Brickboy »

Wow! all of these Ideas sound great! I still would like a haunted castle theme though. :D
Alan
good times
J1A3L5
Steward

Post by J1A3L5 »

I was already thinking Atlantis theme before I even read all the posts in the thread. Atlantis I think would be perfect. Probably lots of arches and stuff. But then they would likely be in blue toned colours.

The thing with Atlantis is LEGO could be very creative with it - There's no 'right' Atlantis. So they don't have to replicate anything exactly, and can really do whatever they want with it within certain obvious limits. I think it would have a smaller chance of being messed up by them. But then again who knows.
Brickboy
Steward

Post by Brickboy »

I'd love to see an Atlantis theme

YES! That would be really cool!
8) Alan
good times
jamitjames
Gentleman

Post by jamitjames »

What lego needs to do is come out with a line that the guys (soilders, knights, kings, ect.) are based on historical things and ad gosts, scelitans and traps for the kids that don't make new things with them. And make really small catles that are $20.00CD and big ones that are 120.00CD, plus sets that have like a horse and a few guys, good and bad.
[url=http://radio.laml.org/]LAMLradio: LEGO Talk Podcast[/url]
Webrain
Journeyman

Post by Webrain »

Brickboy Wrote:
What kind of adventure's theme would you like to see?
I think it's kind of obvious and what I'm about to say is something that already over disscussed. Bring out the Greek/Roman sets, we are already waiting for them for like 20 years. And as some of you mantioned before some of the original new parts from the recent years goes to show that LEGO is going in that direction.
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

I would like to see one set in the Middle East; Looking for some Biblical artefact or something. And with new bad guys. This Sam Sinister gets old. I'd like to see something more akin to Indiana Jones, with Johnny facing off against the Nazis or something.
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

Daimyo wrote:I would like to see one set in the Middle East; Looking for some Biblical artefact or something. And with new bad guys. This Sam Sinister gets old. I'd like to see something more akin to Indiana Jones, with Johnny facing off against the Nazis or something.
Though this is a great idea in my opinion, we'll never see such a thing from The LEGO Company. For one thing, I don't think that TLC would put anything specifically Biblical in their sets. More importantly, no company that caters to young children specifically would put Nazis or anything closely resembling Nazis in their products.
I also doubt they would do a Middle Eastern theme right away, as it might be awfully similar to the Expedition in India theme from last year. Then again, they've already done China, Everest, the Amazon and Egypt, so I wonder where they could place the next line of Adventurers...
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Post by footsteps »

doctorsparkles wrote:I also doubt they would do a Middle Eastern theme right away, as it might be awfully similar to the Expedition in India theme from last year. Then again, they've already done China, Everest, the Amazon and Egypt, so I wonder where they could place the next line of Adventurers...
Actually, I think a Middle East theme would be considered too close to the original Egypt storyline, but the result would be the same... not likely.

But....
Perhaps TLC will take the hint from what is currently popular and send our Johnny archeologist among the ruins of.... Troy!!! Ancient Greece and Asia Minor!! Ooooh, wouldn't JPinoy be a happy camper!! :wink: :wink:

Alan
I'm a human BEING, not a human doing!
The two most important days of your life are the day you are born
and the day you discover why. (Donald Sensing)
One plus one equals three... for large values of one. (Bruce Fournier)
Snoopy
Archer

Post by Snoopy »

Well, let's see...

I probably go for any castle-style. Anything to further dillute Ebay and drive the prices down.

Also, I'd really like to see a theme with new animals. Those elephants surpassed the dragons in my mind. Who knows what they could come out with.

Cows?

Hippos?

How about donkeys? (that would really be cool; a as an alternate to the horse)
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

Well, i don't want any Castle Adventurers, unless it has to do with Vlad Dracul. Which actually sounds pretty good; I mean, think of the sets with all that cool macabre stuff; But that'll never happen, Lego will probably make Dracula look like a pansy. Ah *sigh* this non-violence policy really gets in the way;
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"