Yes
55%
No
45%

Total votes: 20

Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

lone ranger wrote:I think they are because they had them around castle times but they blew up all the time so they stopped useing them. (untill they made a better cannon)
plus, since this is not a castle land role-play and we can have elves and drawfs and undead guys walking around. I think we can add cannons too :)

LR
What? What are you tlaking about? The name says, CLASSIC CASTLE ROLEPLAY. It is Castle, got that? You can't have these all mechanical airships with uber-cannon on them just flying around. This is Castle.

I believe Wlister capture dit perfectly when he said the cannon sounded the death knell to the romantic Medieval period of dashing knights on valiant steeds. Do we want them to be the death knell of the romantic period of our roleplay?
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
Bricksidge
Philosopher-King of the Gong Farmers

Post by Bricksidge »

Daimyo wrote:
What? What are you tlaking about? The name says, CLASSIC CASTLE ROLEPLAY. It is Castle, got that? You can't have these all mechanical airships with uber-cannon on them just flying around. This is Castle.
Dude, calm down. You do not own the Roleplay, you do not make the rules, you do not decide what belongs and what doesn't..
~[url=http://www.neutronbot.com/kevin/]Kevin Blocksidge[/url]
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Bricksidge wrote:
Daimyo wrote:
Dude, calm down. You do not own the Roleplay, you do not make the rules, you do not decide what belongs and what doesn't..
I agree that Daimyo needs to calm down, and that he needs to let the matter be dealt with by the proper authorities. However, he does raise a point that should be discussed: how far do you go before it ceases to be Castle? While I personally have to concede that cannons are a part of historical, medieval fact, I personally do not think that they have a part in the roleplay. If Nathan lets them in though, then I shall not make a fuss: he is the admin, I am not.

A mechanical airship goes a bit far, I feel, because if they can build mechanical airships, then surely they can create mechanicl ships (steamers), mechanical waggons (cars, trains), and mechanical weapons (guns). That would be a modern society, not a "Castle" one.

But I think that loneranger would able to keep his airship if he reworked the idea so that the ability of the ship to fly came from a magical source, not a mechanical one.[/b]
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

Hey! if we can have wizerds and undead soldiers why not airships?

LR
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

LR, the thing is, you continue to miss the point. I often forget this as well, but you cannot bend the rules to fit you. So what if there are magicians and undead? That still does not make your airship right. What you need to understand is, these rules are not here for you to take and mold. :?
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

*sigh* I guess none of you understand. for one. the fright knights have a flying airship. two. they had cannons in castle times. am I missing something?

LR
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

lone ranger wrote:*sigh* I guess none of you understand. for one. the fright knights have a flying airship. two. they had cannons in castle times. am I missing something?

LR

F.Y.I, the Fright Knights airship is magic-powered. I'd think you'd know that, considering you say you've read the entire story. And just like you said, "This isn't Castle." :wink: (Insert sarcastic grin here)
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

I know that. but mine must? I'll make it magic powered if IT means soo much to YOU.

LR
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

No, no. There's no need to do anything for ME!

:x

Let's handle this in private