Even distribution of all three
15%

Total votes: 20

Snoopy
Archer

What is your army mostly composed of?

Post by Snoopy »

Archer, Infantry, or Cavalry

If your army doesn't fall into these three categories ( made of mythical creatures or something) please do not vote.

Feel free to post though.
cnelson
Laborer

Post by cnelson »

Primarily infantry (spears/swords/axes), and historically closer to the mark. The army would be mainly composed of farmers pressed into service, bringing their polearm made of farming implements--threshers, reapers, etc.--mounted on long shafts.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

I went with even distributions of all three, as each is a major component in both my good and bad armies. Although infantry probably has close to half, and cavalry are the most outnumbered. I have very few peasant conscripts. Not that my kingdoms don't have them, I just don't have the weapons or figs to make more than the bare-bones professional army.
Snoopy
Archer

Post by Snoopy »

Right now my army is composed of mostly cavalry. They're kind of like the Huns in nature- barbarian nomads.
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

My largest faction is the Royal Knights(I had the most disposable money then) is composed of 100 Cavalry, 200 Archers and 250 assorted foot. A goodly portion of those foot soldiers are conscripts from KKI breastplate torsos. The majority of my foot also wear the kettle helm as it came with the torso. :wink: My Black Falcons have similiar ratios, 25 cavalry, 60 archers and 80 foot. My Bulls have 30 calvalry, 50 archers and 75 foot. I have other factions as well, but my largest faction outside the Royal Knights is Evil and troops are more myth orientated than this thread is concerned with. So based on my big 3 humanoid armies, my armies are mainly archers and foot.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Infantry and cavalry. But I like to give each army some form of ranged unit, most of these are archers, some are crossbowmen, peltasts (javelin throwers), and Lantaka (ancient Philippine firearms) armed warriors.

But some of my armies have Cavalry-Archers, and even dual role light cavalry armed with a sword or spear and a bow. Much like the Khazak army in my Ancients Theme.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

Army? As in My Sole and Only Single Army?

Hmmmm, well that's what makes this difficult to answer, since I don't organize my troops as a single army. Or maybe I'm making this more difficult than it should be and simply apply this to all my figs regardless of which "army" they happen to be in.

The complex answer is that it changes depending on which army organized along which lines. For historical armies, I'll grab whatever is convenient that is armed and armored correctly. This might mean the army is over half archers (English), or virtually all-foot (Swiss, Scots, Low Countries), half cavalry (French, Teutonic Knights), etc.

For fantasy armies organized along traditional Lego faction lines, then the nature of the figs themselves tends to prevail (Forestmen are archers mostly, Black Knights have lots of mounted knights, Wolfpack are amazed that people actually can sit on horses, etc)).

If I ignore all that and just add everything together, I'd say it is 50% melee troops, 30% missle, 20% mounted.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
Brickboy
Steward

Post by Brickboy »

Hmm. I have about 30-40 horsemen, 70-80 foot soldiers, and about 30 archers total.
Alan
good times
Commander Redbeard
Bailiff

Post by Commander Redbeard »

I keep several armies, for the conviniance of fighting myself if I have no challangers. One consists of about 20 axe-or spear wielding horsemen and assorted foot soldiers with swords and a few archers (10). Another is about 45 strong; mostly Knight's kingdom guys with pretty much the most organized and matching weaponry; and my third is about 65 odd press-ganged farmers, Bull head and Dragon Knights, mercinaries, and any minifig with a suitable face that I could sticker up nicely. They are armed with basically anything they can get their yellow little hands on; (No peach-coloreds allowed!) axes, pitchforks, lots of spears, assorted swords., etc, etc.
Sitting in a midnight glade
Firelight dancing off burnished blade
A Forestman sits
Wondering about the next day
But after three mugs of ale
Let it bring what it may.
Devari
Journeyman

Post by Devari »

Infantry - I have the pieces for 100 Dwarves coming very soon, and I have very few horses. :)
st1920
Peasant

Post by st1920 »

My main army has all three things. However I also have a Japanese army with mostly infantry and my brother has a chaos army (with all kind of factions mixt up) how has mostly cavalry and infantry.
hm... I don't know why I've chosen only cavalry and infantry :?
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

Infantry and archers, though the archers are part of the infantry as they don't be on the back of a horse :-)

Bye
Jojo