Scholastic, Lego seal publishing deal for toy books

Discussion of general LEGO topics
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Scholastic, Lego seal publishing deal for toy books

Post by doctorsparkles »

I found this news story while browsing the net today:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... DT0188.DTL

If KK books are coming out in Spring of 2005, maybe that means we're expecting a second line sometime between now and then. Just a thought...
Green Fox
Bailiff

Post by Green Fox »

KK2 also has a GameBoy Advance game coming out this summer...
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Sounds great, but why does it have to be KK2? :(
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
jamitjames
Gentleman

Post by jamitjames »

Yeah, why not Classic Castle LEGO? :cry:
[url=http://radio.laml.org/]LAMLradio: LEGO Talk Podcast[/url]
Brickboy
Steward

Post by Brickboy »

Yeah, why not Classic Castle LEGO?
Cause remember we are all living in the past. Hey it s betterthan the future. :wink: Well back on topic. I dont know what to think about it. Tell us if you find out more.
Alan
good times
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Hmmmm, well then maybe we should make a working time machine out of lego, and go back 15 years. It will be a good time and all our lego will have gone with us as the time machine. :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Snoopy
Archer

Post by Snoopy »

In fall 2005, Scholastic plans to introduce books for the Clikits and Alpha Team toy lines, its core Lego series and Lego Duplo products.
Don't tell me they're coming out with more Alpha Team too. :(

The first time I read the above quote, I thought it was referring to Alpha Team as its "core Lego series" and Clikits as its "Lego Duplo products". Did anyone else take it that way?[/quote]
Check out my LEGO Movies at http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=88753 !
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

Snoopy wrote:
In fall 2005, Scholastic plans to introduce books for the Clikits and Alpha Team toy lines, its core Lego series and Lego Duplo products.
Don't tell me they're coming out with more Alpha Team too. :(

The first time I read the above quote, I thought it was referring to Alpha Team as its "core Lego series" and Clikits as its "Lego Duplo products". Did anyone else take it that way?
[/quote]

I did not get this impression, but now that I'm rereading it, I can see how it could be taken this way. I don't think that's what it means though.
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Yes, there is more Alpha Team. It is all Artic weatherish. I don't think that Alpha Team is to bad a type. True it deteeorates as time goes on, but at least it is original.
I build, therefore I am.

Snoopy
Archer

Post by Snoopy »

An Arctic Alpha Team theme. Hmmmm...That may even be an improvement. We need some more Artic Landscaping pieces. And hey! One of these times they're going to make a helmet for some character that can be used in Castle. They've come close already.
Check out my LEGO Movies at http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=88753 !
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium

Post by Bruce N H »

Huh?!??!? I thought that LEGO was going back to it's core by dropping these extraneous things like video games and books etc. to focus on building sets.
Grr.

Bruce
Green Fox
Bailiff

Post by Green Fox »

I don't get it. TLC seems to have very loose core values these days. About a third of their budget has been spent on things other than the brick. They refuse to make things that have obvious appeal, such as realistic weapons, and claim to stand by their core values, while at the same time blindly trying to catch up with the gravy trains. How do video games fit in with this "core value"?

Oh, and, bring on the 80s! Rubick's Cube! Kim Wilde! Mullets!
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

The new Alpha Team is already at TRU, and it actually doesn't look worse than Mission Deep Sea, believe it or not. Maybe even better. Doesn't come close to the original Alpha Team, let alone Castle of any kind, but its better than I would have expected.
Snoopy
Archer

Post by Snoopy »

bring on the 80s! Rubick's Cube! Kim Wilde! Mullets!
I love the Rubick's Cube! Besides Legos, it is one of my favorite toys. Why can't TLC take a hint from it. The Rubick's Cube hasn't changed since it was invented. I mean, whoever heard of a Rubick's Cube comic book or video game. It simple design has remained unaltered since the beginning, and I doubt it has hurt sales at all. Why can't TLC keep to what it originally did: making bricks. :D