More Wedding Madness

Discussion of general LEGO topics
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

More Wedding Madness

Post by SavaTheAggie »

Well, the wedding is getting even closer now. First off, I'd like to share the finished product of the swans:

Post Mod Gallery HERE.

My mother put in the greenery and ribbon. I think the mix between the harsh LEGO lines and the softer plants makes for a great looking contrast. Everyone loves them, and their role in the whole wedding has been expanded slightly, along with being a reception centerpiece, they're going to be a rehersal dinner centerpiece.

I also sat down today and built a cake topper just for the fun of it. Last night I was cruising around Brickshelf and Lugnet looking for mini-wedding cake ideas. I thought it'd be neat if I made one, you know. Once you open the doors to LEGO MOCs in the wedding, they do not close ;)

Anyway, I didn't find any cakes I liked, but I found a boatload of cake toppers. Among these, I found this:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=23721

I thought these were very cool. I had to make them!

But Christina's hair is brown, and they don't make that hinge in brown to my knowledge. And even if they do, I don't own one. I also don't own too many white slopes. It looked as if my quest would fail before it even began!

But success WOULD be mine! I not only created the figures, I was able to customize them, and add a heart-shaped arch around them.

Post Mod Gallery HERE.

Most of the customizing from the original design comes from lack of parts, but I think they turned out very well.

The bride has brown curled bangs, much like Christina does, and due to a lack of hinges, I was forced to give her a bigger vale on the back and a smaller one on the sides. The bride has a bustle now, due to the lack of white 45 degree slopes in my collection.

The groom is nearly identical to the original design, with three exceptions. White gloves, solid hair, and a dark red forehand style tie (instead of a bow tie) as I will be wearing.

The arch above them is meant to resemble a Valentine's gift I made Christina a few years back:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=34603

Christina caught on to it right away.

However, and I knew this before I started to build it, Christina already has a cake topper for the wedding cake. However, I do not have any decorations for my Groom's cake. So on top it shall go!

Anyway, that's what I did today. I will most likely go back and edit the heart arch to make the red part look more heart-like. The white part of the arch looks like a heart shape to me, but I need to overlap the red more to make it look less pointed since the red is much more noticable.

--Anthony
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Post by Troy T. Moore »

:shock: :shock: :shock: The swans with flower arrangements....fantastic!

I like the topper, too, but why are the faces tan instead of yellow?
Troy T. Moore
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Great Job, those figures are really good, better than the Legoland ones!

And how many more white bricks do you have :D

Well I have a felling this will be a great wedding!

Good luck,

DM
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Looks great all the way. :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

Wow! :shock: Everything is awesome, great job!
Check out my Brickshelf gallery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=thebrickbin
Lord Resta
Foot Soldier

Post by Lord Resta »

Troy, do real people have yellow skin. I think Tony's going for realism here.

Very nice decorations. As others have said, you are really lucky to have someone who appreciates LEGO. Well done! :)
Look to my coming, on the first light of the fifth day. At dawn, look to the East...

-Gandalf the White, The Two Towers.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Looks great! It is readily apparent that this is going to be (has been?) a great wedding.

I hope that the resulting marriage is even better.

And more durable.

(Great job with the topper, BTW!)
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

The finished product for those swans look great and the topper turned out well. I like the use of tan for a skin color, it's better than peach. :wink: Looks like you will be having a fun wedding!

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.