LEGO Commandments

Discussion of general LEGO topics
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

Formendacil wrote:
wlister wrote:10- You shall not desrespect any LEGO piece.
Is customization disrespecting a lego piece? If so this commandment goes too far!
I have to agree. Customizing may not be everyone's thing, but it is too widespread to make a commandment against.

Awwwwww, please make it a commandment? It's more fun if I'm breaking some commandment! :twisted:
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!
Formendacil wrote:I have to agree. Customizing may not be everyone's thing, but it is too widespread to make a commandment against.
I have to disagree. Customizing LEGO parts is so widespread that a commandment against it is notably necessary. Heck, killing is widespread, too, and that's the reason why there is a commandment against it.

Bye
Jojo

Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Jojo wrote:
Formendacil wrote:I have to agree. Customizing may not be everyone's thing, but it is too widespread to make a commandment against.
I have to disagree. Customizing LEGO parts is so widespread that a commandment against it is notably necessary. Heck, killing is widespread, too, and that's the reason why there is a commandment against it.
Yes, but Lego people/pieces aren't alive.

Yes, I know that this may be a bit of a revelation to some of you, and I am sorry to spoil the magic, but flesh-and-blood people are living and deserving of your respect and love, whereas Lego people are merely plastic and maleable, and completely unharmed by your love.
Last edited by Formendacil on Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Formendacil wrote:
Jojo wrote:Yes, but Lego people/pieces aren't alive.

flesh-and-blood people are living and deserving of your respect and love, whereas Lego people are merely plastic and maleable, and completely unharmed by your love.
:shock: :shock: :cry:

WHAT??? They aren't alive??

Oh my gosh, my world is crumbling around me...

*begins to cry and curls into a fetus position*

*gets hold of one's self*

Of course LEGO people are 'completely unharmed' by your love, how can anything be harmed by love?

Minifigs are REAL!! Why else would TLC put holes in their baggies unless they are airholes for the LEGO people inside ?
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:Of course LEGO people are 'completely unharmed' by your love, how can anything be harmed by love?
By "Completely unharmed by your love" I am saying that customizing, with all that entails, is a sign of the love we bear our Lego pieces, not a sign of violence or insanity as the equivalent actions would be on a regular human. (Such as cutting, gluing, and stickering. Especially the cutting.)

Customizing is not like Adultery, which is also widespread, and prohibited against for good reason. It causes NO harm to living beings, which, I say again, Lego people are not.
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

Formendacil wrote:By "Completely unharmed by your love" I am saying that customizing, with all that entails, is a sign of the love we bear our Lego pieces, not a sign of violence or insanity as the equivalent actions would be on a regular human. (Such as cutting, gluing, and stickering. Especially the cutting.)

Customizing is not like Adultery, which is also widespread, and prohibited against for good reason. It causes NO harm to living beings, which, I say again, Lego people are not.
My girlfriend stickered me a few days ago. I really didn't mind all that much.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

doctorsparkles wrote:
Formendacil wrote:By "Completely unharmed by your love" I am saying that customizing, with all that entails, is a sign of the love we bear our Lego pieces, not a sign of violence or insanity as the equivalent actions would be on a regular human. (Such as cutting, gluing, and stickering. Especially the cutting.)

My girlfriend stickered me a few days ago. I really didn't mind all that much.
Okay, so I'm losing ground. Just take it as evidence that customizing doesn't hurt, shouldn't be forbidden, and leave it at that.
cracker nate
Peasant

Post by cracker nate »

4. Hire Bob Carney.
Oh man. This should be the only Commandment. Seeing his site brought me out of my Dark Ages and back to my love of Castle. [/quote]
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Formendacil wrote:
Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:Of course LEGO people are 'completely unharmed' by your love, how can anything be harmed by love?
By "Completely unharmed by your love" I am saying that customizing, with all that entails, is a sign of the love we bear our Lego pieces, not a sign of violence or insanity as the equivalent actions would be on a regular human. (Such as cutting, gluing, and stickering. Especially the cutting.)
ah, well, my above post was mostly a joke...infact, it was completely a joke..
4. Hire Bob Carney.
Who? *ducks*
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
cracker nate
Peasant

Post by cracker nate »

Bob Carney's Castles:

http://www.end.com/~jynx/castle/
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Post by footsteps »

cracker nate wrote:Bob Carney's Castles:
http://www.end.com/~jynx/castle/
The nearest thing to heaven on earth for a castle-head.

Alan
I'm a human BEING, not a human doing!
The two most important days of your life are the day you are born
and the day you discover why. (Donald Sensing)
One plus one equals three... for large values of one. (Bruce Fournier)
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

His site was the first Lego site I ever discovered, before Lugnet, before CW. Then I discovered Ikros and Lugnet and the rest was history.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!
Formendacil wrote:Okay, so I'm losing ground. Just take it as evidence that customizing doesn't hurt, shouldn't be forbidden, and leave it at that.
Seeing a cut LEGO piece hurts me.

And Minigures™ have human rights, too! Join the Minifig Rights Movement!
If Minifigs weren't alive we wouldn't need any LEGO commandments at all, would we?

Bye
Jojo

Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

The Lego codmandments govern how we should treat All lego. But you are right Minfigs are ALIVE! But not ordinary pieces, you may notice that only the bags with figs have air holes. :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.