3%
Brick Built (official or MOC)
3%

Total votes: 30

Dragon Master
Merchant

Poll: Favorite Horse

Post by Dragon Master »

Which horse is the best, I'd pick the pony, because it is so rare, and very cute. However the regular brown with black mane is a close favorite!
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

I like the black horse the most. I have tons of them.

Though I wish Lego would make a dark tan horse with brown or black mane.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

You just gotta love those brown ones! :wink:
Check out my Brickshelf gallery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=thebrickbin
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Brown ones deffinatly. You have more diversity with them. With white or black you only have so many options on the colour sceme. brown has more. :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Brown Horses hands down. I have mostly white horses, but I have always liked the brown ones. To bad any new brown horses won't really be brown, but the will be a variant from white or black. You could say I am hoping at some point KKII knights will start riding real horses.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Brown horse is the best, but I also really like the Indian horses for nomadic tribes and such.

There's nothing wrong with the plain white or black horses, except for the fact that they are way to common!
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

wlister wrote:Brown Horses hands down. I have mostly white horses, but I have always liked the brown ones. To bad any new brown horses won't really be brown, but the will be a variant from white or black. You could say I am hoping at some point KKII knights will start riding real horses.

Will
What do you mean, no more brown horses? do you mean that no new sets come with one?

:wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Will means that there is no immediate plan to make more brown horses in the future, unless the Ranibow Buddies get them in their sets.
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

Brown horses used to be rare, back then, when I was young. I had lots of black and white ones until I got my first brown steed (not even from a Castle set but from the Riding Stable 6379). So I voted brown horse with brown mane.

The worst thing about white horses is that they tend to yellow. It's almost impossible to get a used white horse that's still clear and white.

The pony is cute but not exactly useful because the minifigs can't ride on it. It's a nice addition to a village scene, though.

Bye
Jojo

wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

To Clarify any new production run of brown horses will not be old brown, but the new reddish brown. A perfectly good color for a horse, but not really brown as we have known it.

I was also hoping that perhaps KKII will come out with some new sets that would include their armored knights on real horses and that one of the new sets with real horses would have a brown horse.

Hope all that makes sense now. :)

Will
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

wlister wrote:To Clarify any new production run of brown horses will not be old brown, but the new reddish brown. A perfectly good color for a horse, but not really brown as we have known it.

I was also hoping that perhaps KKII will come out with some new sets that would include their armored knights on real horses and that one of the new sets with real horses would have a brown horse.

Hope all that makes sense now. :)

Will
I'd rather TLC make a different castle line with Brown horses, I don't want sets with Ranibow knights on horses. Just end the line ASAP and get on to the next!
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

With a book being published and all the other marketing hoopla that is in place or on the way for KKII, I doubt we will see the death of KKII until 2006 or later. So rather than tossing in the towel completely, I thought why not suggest they make a few sets with some mounted Knights. It better than that stinking joust set. :evil:

will
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Black Horses.

While I love browns (either), and while I certainly have places for whites, blacks are my all-around faves.

Blacks are great for baddies. Either for great leaders or for groups, they are great.

And I tend to get my best results for great-looking good guys on black horses.
The Josh
Apprentice

Post by The Josh »

I like black horses better than other types of horses. To me, black horses look imposing and cool.

I would like white horses the best, but not all of my white horses are still perfectly white :cry: .

-The Josh
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

I doubt the KK2 will ever have a brown horse, since white is good and black is bad. Peroid. Brown is in between and there are only 2 factions, The Jelly Bellies, and the Scorpion guys.
Check out my Brickshelf gallery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=thebrickbin