Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

I think it's castle :p
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Post by footsteps »

Formendacil wrote:
wlister wrote:There is a Lego store in Guelph, Ontario? I have never heard this, is it listed on the Lego stores page? I know there is a privately owned store in Ontario, the owner has 3 brick and mortar stores that he sells Lego at exclusively. He gets some of the items available only at Lego Brand stores due to his high sales volumes. Is this the store you are referring to? Or is there a real Lego store in Ontario?
I've never been there, so I can't say. But a couple of friends moved to Guelph a while back, and visited it. It is an all-LEGO store, complete with Lego-logo bags, and such.

Footsteps is from Guelph, and knows about, so he'd be the one to ask.
Don't know about Guelph, it's a 30 minute drive from here. "Here" being Elmira, a small town of 7000 just north of Waterloo. The store I know about is "Bricks and Blocks" at the St. Jacob's Outlet Mall which is just outside the north edge of Waterloo. Most themes are available there, and if you're willing to wait some sets will go on deep (sometimes very deep) discount. Usual prices are a tad lower than regular retail.

As far as being "from" someplace, I live in Elmira, but I'm from Vancouver. Sorry, just a little bit of Western Alienation creeping in there. People around here actually cheer for the Maple Leafs. Ugh.

Alan
I'm a human BEING, not a human doing!
The two most important days of your life are the day you are born
and the day you discover why. (Donald Sensing)
One plus one equals three... for large values of one. (Bruce Fournier)
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

footsteps wrote:
Formendacil wrote:
wlister wrote:There is a Lego store in Guelph, Ontario? I have never heard this, is it listed on the Lego stores page? I know there is a privately owned store in Ontario, the owner has 3 brick and mortar stores that he sells Lego at exclusively. He gets some of the items available only at Lego Brand stores due to his high sales volumes. Is this the store you are referring to? Or is there a real Lego store in Ontario?
I've never been there, so I can't say. But a couple of friends moved to Guelph a while back, and visited it. It is an all-LEGO store, complete with Lego-logo bags, and such.

Footsteps is from Guelph, and knows about, so he'd be the one to ask.
Don't know about Guelph, it's a 30 minute drive from here. "Here" being Elmira, a small town of 7000 just north of Waterloo. The store I know about is "Bricks and Blocks" at the St. Jacob's Outlet Mall which is just outside the north edge of Waterloo. Most themes are available there, and if you're willing to wait some sets will go on deep (sometimes very deep) discount. Usual prices are a tad lower than regular retail.

As far as being "from" someplace, I live in Elmira, but I'm from Vancouver. Sorry, just a little bit of Western Alienation creeping in there. People around here actually cheer for the Maple Leafs. Ugh.

Alan
My mistake. Hard to keep all of those Ontario cities in order. (I can remember Toronto and Ottawa no problem, but they don't count, one's a province in itself, the other is disowned by the provinces.)

Maples Leafs?

They must be nuts. :D

And not to get offtopic: does anyone know of a STORE (as in a physical building, not a website) where Lego keychains are available in Alberta?

Not that I want one, but I'm curious.
Sir Vincent
Steward

Post by Sir Vincent »

It is indeed castle,it comes with a lego note pad and pen (probably from Legoland)...the note pad is shaped like a shield and has a heart emblem on it...
medib
Bailiff

Post by medib »

Just to clarify...

Yes, there is a Lego-exclusive store in St. Jacob's, Ontario (near Kitchener-Waterloo). There is also one in Cookstown (off Highway 400, and County Road 89, at the Outlet Mall). Also there is another one in Windsor, Ontario
right by the border (the Ambassador Bridge) to Detroit on Talbot Road.

Here is the website:
http://www.bricksandblocksoutlet.com/

These aren't "Lego" stores owned by LEGO, just a company
selling exclusively lego.

Benjamin Medinets