A Tim Horton's comic

Discussion of general LEGO topics
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

I'm Canadian but I don't know this publicity. Maybe commercial strategy is very different here in Quebec.

Tim Horton's put a lot of television publicity but I can't say if there is a "religious" thing with Tim Horton's. It's not the case for me, and many people around me which dislike them a lot.

But back to subject. Your MOC is funny ! :D
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

David Girard wrote:I'm Canadian but I don't know this publicity. Maybe commercial strategy is very different here in Quebec.

Tim Horton's put a lot of television publicity but I can't say if there is a "religious" thing with Tim Horton's. It's not the case for me, and many people around me which dislike them a lot.

I guess you have to be English-Canadian or something, or to know or be in the right crowd to realise just how 'religious' Tim's can be.

Thanks for the diner link, BTW, Footsteps.
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Post by footsteps »

Formendacil wrote:
David Girard wrote:I'm Canadian but I don't know this publicity. Maybe commercial strategy is very different here in Quebec.

I guess you have to be English-Canadian or something, or to know or be in the right crowd to realise just how 'religious' Tim's can be.

Thanks for the diner link, BTW, Footsteps.
You're welcome on the diner link. I'm rather pleased that I was able to find it again. And I've always loved the Spamcake Diner, too. I wonder if there are other Lego samples of diners out there. Does anyone know??

OT: Tim's is definitely a regional thing. It was never a 'thing' in Vancouver, so I'm not surprised about David's experience (or lack thereof). It just goes to show that some things we've always assumed as "typically Canadian" are really only regional/local.

Alan
I'm a human BEING, not a human doing!
The two most important days of your life are the day you are born
and the day you discover why. (Donald Sensing)
One plus one equals three... for large values of one. (Bruce Fournier)
LONGBOW
Peasant

Re: A Tim Horton's comic

Post by LONGBOW »

Sir Terrance wrote:Here is a little something I made after enjoying a Tim Horton's drink. Canadians will most likely understand this, since it is based on a commercial with 2 people climbing up a giant Iced Cappucino.

PLMKWYT!
haha :lol: that's good(I'm from the uk but I go to canada alot
ham jam spamalot
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

footsteps wrote:Snipped...
OT: Tim's is definitely a regional thing. It was never a 'thing' in Vancouver, so I'm not surprised about David's experience (or lack thereof). It just goes to show that some things we've always assumed as "typically Canadian" are really only regional/local.

Alan
Now Tim's may not be a 'thing' here in Alberta, but it is a huge and very successful franchise as I know it is in BC. It may not be the playground for the young, but it is popular enough. If it isn't successful in Vancouver, I'd be surprised, but it may just be the case for Central Vancouver, the greater Vancouver area certainly has a lot of Tim's. I don't know about Quebec, but I have spent enough time in BC to observe that Tim's is almost as prevalent in BC as it is in Alberta.

Back on topic, when is the next Lego commercial parody planned?

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.