Bricktober

Discussion of general LEGO topics
soccerkid6
Admin
Admin

Re: Bricktober

Post by soccerkid6 »

Count Blacktron wrote:OMG!!
The minifigures are glued to the magnetic base! (There is no head-pound or facepalm emoticon... :( )
Also, the Bricktober figures for 2010 had a 1x2 plate at least so they would not perpetually bow to every person approaching the fridge, but the 2011 figures do not have that option. My Ninja Princess leans forward all the time! :orc:
Yet, the head and hat do come off.
So, next week the free item will be the Robin Hood figure, but for me it will simply be a brown hat pack.
Oh, and a classic smiley head too I guess. :)
At least they are free with stuff I already want.
Yeah, I was pretty upset when I heard that :mad: , I mean what is the point of getting them unless you already wanted stuff.
John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Brickbuilt: http://www.brickbuilt.org/
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/isaacsnyder/
medib
Bailiff

Post by medib »

Now I have reservations on getting the forestmen.... I could try my luck and go to the lego store and see if they have construct-a-fig parts there still...
perhaps not. I might still get the "classic knight", but that is perhaps all. November, we'll have to check if there are any left over....

:tasty:
Ashkestral
Villein

Post by Ashkestral »

According to the guys at my local Lego store, starting in 2011, all the magnet sets are glued.* Some of the 2010 sets are still in stock, those are not glued. If you read the back of the box, the first sentence states "elements are glued." The lego online store says "Minifigures are not detachable from 2x4 bricks." I have a feeling the sales of magnet sets are going to spiral down the drain - who wants them glued?

You can remove them, but it damages the Minifigure to do so:
http://thebrickblogger.com/2011/01/lego ... t-removal/

*They have had so many returns that they tell you before they let you check out with a magnet set.
gedren_y
Freeman

Post by gedren_y »

I didn't even see them at my local TRU (Gainesville, FL) when I was there on Tuesday, but it's selection of Lego was a little sparse. They have a good selection of Series 5 minifigs though, and several larger sets are on clearance, plus the 10% discount.
medib
Bailiff

Post by medib »

gedren_y wrote:I didn't even see them at my local TRU (Gainesville, FL) when I was there on Tuesday, but it's selection of Lego was a little sparse. They have a good selection of Series 5 minifigs though, and several larger sets are on clearance, plus the 10% discount.
They are usually "hidden" by the cash registers.
:sly:

Lasting Toys, a modest toy shop that only sells Lego fairly close to me stopped selling the magnets because of this.

Shop@Home had a bunch of magnet sets on clearance (like 75% off). The best ones were the woman's set and Toy Story
as these were both unglued. And both of these sets are coincidently on my fridge....

:D

Lego put a bunch more magnet sets on clearance on Lego.com but I suspect most of these sets are all glued as well....
:cry:

Ben
porschecm2
Councilor

Post by porschecm2 »

Yes, Lego has officially confirmed that they will be gluing all future magnet sets. This originated with some licensing issues with the licensed lines. My understanding of the situation was that selling individual figs (or fig packs, containing no "building" elements) were considered to be too similar to action figures, and the holders of the licenses didn't want competing products. Making the figs non-playable seems to have placated the license holders. Lego produces all the magnets in the same factory, and it is apparently too much effort to glue the licensed ones but not the non-licensed ones, so all magnet sets will be glued.

I think it's ridiculous, if only because surely the (usual) $15 a pop price could accommodate dropping the gluing step out of the production line for non-licensed magnet sets.

I didn't even realize until just now that this would also naturally encompass the Bricktober figs. Sadness. :(

In related news, though, TRU also has some 2x4x3 bricks with a Ninjago logo on them, currently. I don't know what promotion they are a part of, but I was able to get one today, when I got my Bricktober fig. It might be worth asking about, if anyone cares.

Cm2
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/porschecm ... onal.1.png[/img]
Think twice. Post once.
Constructum excellentia!
medib
Bailiff

Post by medib »

Just a follow-up to this thread.

We went to ToysRUs tonight and found a bin of the "left-over" Bricktober magnets at the entrance of the store for $4.00. I am little disappointed
because last year my wife got them for free, but at least I didn't have to spend over $30.00 to get each one.
:sly:

We went a couple weeks ago to see if we could get them, and we were told that they had sent back all the left-overs back to headquarters....
what a crock of crap...... :mad:
makes you really want to shop at ToysRUs doesn't it.
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

medib wrote:Just a follow-up to this thread.

We went to ToysRUs tonight and found a bin of the "left-over" Bricktober magnets at the entrance of the store for $4.00. I am little disappointed
TRU had a single spaceman the other day for .01$.