TLC christmas line up...

Discussion of general LEGO topics
Green Fox
Bailiff

TLC christmas line up...

Post by Green Fox »

Does anyone know LEGO's plans for the christmas period? Harry Potter 3 was out this summer, and with no SW or spiderman, how does lego plan to recover their losses?
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

Hopefully with a castle legend. But I suppose that is too much to hope for.
pwnage
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

My guess is that we'll see a new theme that isn't based on anything licensed.

And we do have several themes that will be around half a year: KK2, the current Spiderman, the current HP, the current SW, the new Alpha Team. There's also World City, and JackStone Pirates.

Hopefully, we'll see a new theme: perhaps some Town-ish type with a new spin, perhaps a new Sport (minifig-sized), perhaps some new historical line (like Castle/Pirates/Wild West/Ninja, but new), or maybe we'll see the debut of another science-fiction theme. (Although with Alpha Team and SW, I kinda doubt it.)

If TLC doesn't give us a new theme for Christmas, we can probably bet on a few new Legends. No Castle, probably, with KK2 to compete with, but maybe a Pirate or Governor island/fort, or maybe a Space Legend.

Lets hope that this is a great Christmas!
Sir Vincent
Steward

Post by Sir Vincent »

Christmas would be nice,but I think Halloween is much more needed than christmas themed sets...
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Sir Vincent wrote:Christmas would be nice,but I think Halloween is much more needed than christmas themed sets...
Not Christmas-themed sets. Green Fox is asking what TLC will give us this fall, in time for the Christmas season.

Although a Halloween theme would be nice, if they hadn't already done something with the Scary Movie LEGO Studios....
Sir Vincent
Steward

Post by Sir Vincent »

Well hopefully we can get some classic space legends this fall...
Green Fox
Bailiff

Post by Green Fox »

I think we will be seeing a pirate-related structure. The hockey sets won't sell well in the UK. legends may bring western next.
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

These are very nice, but deep down I am thinking that they won't do anything. Just what I am feeling. :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Green Fox
Bailiff

Post by Green Fox »

For the sake of this topic not getting locked:

Remember at the start of the year when Jake said this would be a "Banner year"...

He had better not be lying. castle is pretty screwed up as of now, and pirate, and so, the only theme that could appease us is... western.
Charlie
Freeman

Post by Charlie »

Perhaps KKII and other silly sets are a huge joke, they made just enough to last until Christmas until the REAL sets are released ;) I can dream can't I?

I do hope there is a suprise, not just more dumb sets.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

CC members should refrain from political or religious views in Classic-Castle.com Forum posts. We do not have an off topic forum because this site is dedicated solely to LEGO, and specifically, Castle LEGO. All political posts will be deleted. Members should also refrain from political signatures.

Ben E.
Sets Admin