[News] Collectible Minifigs Series 6 & 7

Discussion of general LEGO topics
annie2200
Freeman

Re: [News] Collectible Minifigs Series 6 & 7

Post by annie2200 »

Karalora wrote: Viking woman/Valkyrie
In this context I believe the minifig to just be a female viking, as if it were a valkyrie (different thing) she would have a winged/feathered helm. Even though vikings (male or female) never had horned helmets anyway... It is much easier to discern them from general castle knights that way though!
Lego is my first love, it will always be my last
Karalora
Journeyman

Post by Karalora »

You are correct. I had forgotten about that little detail. Female Viking it is! (Although I will still acknowledge the possibility that she might be an opera singer...)

And now I'm wondering if she is being included as a nod to the recent discovery that there were in fact female Vikings. Anthropologists in Scandinavia had assumed for years that the graves they were studying were those of men because the bodies had been buried with swords. Not too long ago, someone actually bothered to examine the skeletons and found out that nope--roughly half of them were women! Kinda makes you wonder what other ancient cultures were more gender-equal than we've been giving them credit for...
annie2200
Freeman

Post by annie2200 »

Indeed I believe so Karalora, pretty cool for TLG to step up!
Lego is my first love, it will always be my last
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

Oh Yes, a viking maiden :woo: Now my vikings have someone to rescue :D
Chief Smithy of Brick Forge
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!
Karalora
Journeyman

Post by Karalora »

She doesn't look like she would ever need rescuing. Someone might need rescuing from her, though.
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Post by Bluesecrets »

Reality: equal rights for females is not a concept that existed much in the past civilizations. Females did and do sometimes need rescued, even in current societies that have equal rights. For that matter, even males need rescued sometimes. I don't know why it has to keep coming up over and over. But it is: getting old and often not necessary. Keep on topic, or the thread gets locked and warnings get issued.

These are minifigs. Be happy that they decided to bring out male versions of some past civilizations and then follow with the females. They did it for the Egyptians and now the Vikings. They have been bringing males and then females for other figs also with these collectible figs. It is a good trend. Enjoy having both genders.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Sir_Darc
Freeman

Post by Sir_Darc »

Well at least there's a male tennis player now. ANYWAY, back on topic,

I'm going to have to get several of those space marines, and that hair piece on the rocker girl is pretty sweet. I hope there's more colors in the future, really for every awesome hairpiece that's come out.

I can't tell if that black knight has any heraldry on his shield, not with that hippie in the way. :eyebrows:

The truth is, I don't see anything in either set I *don't* want. Even though there's another skater, at least she has a cool outfit and hairstyle. And there's not a single snowboarder! Wohoo! (Don't ask)
- Jubal
Karalora
Journeyman

Post by Karalora »

I think the black knight does have some heraldry there. It looks like some sort of animal's head, probably a wolf or bear. I think I can see an ear.

I'm starting to wonder whether "Pajama Kid" is really a kid. He's got the full-sized legs after all. The teddy bear isn't exactly diagnostic; I know lots of adults who sleep with a plush toy when they're alone.
Sir_Darc
Freeman

Post by Sir_Darc »

Yeah, it's hard to say about that kid. Adult. Whatever. Then again, there's a leprechaun with short legs, and I'm sure that's just because he's short. I wonder if it's so they could paint the pajama pants. I don't know of any painted short legs, maybe LEGO doesn't the process worked out. Just a theory. Although I like the adult-with-a-teddy-bear one better.
- Jubal
Karalora
Journeyman

Post by Karalora »

That occurred to me; that they only gave him the long legs so they could put the stripes on. Maybe he's like 13 and had an early growth spurt. :D

As for the leprechaun, obviously he's just a small adult. He's not even human; he's not required to have standard human proportions. All LEGO children have short legs, but not all minifigs with short legs are children!
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

Fraslund wrote:Dont show that mayan warrior to Ak Brickster, he will want to have an invading mayan army in our AoE collab lol!

So many good figs for castle builders! 4 must haves at least from each series. Good times!
AAAAHH!! TOO LATE!!

lol, that might be a good call. There are also old islander torsos that could be used to add some variety if you just wanted to have an attacking horde approaching from out of the "fog of war"..... and as I go on I realize this needs to be taken up in the collaborative thread. Away with me!
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

The beard on King Neptune would be great for a crazy old wizard :)

Time to start saving my pennies!
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

The beard on King Neptune would be great for a crazy old wizard :)
That beard is already out in the Ninjago sets. Bricklink yourself to some goodness :)
Chief Smithy of Brick Forge
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

Toys and Bricks is reporting release dates of

Jan. 1, 2012 for series 6

May 1, 2012 for series 7

But more importantly, they're also reporting a price increase to $3.55/each. :roll:

Here is the link: http://toysnbricks.com/lego-8831-series ... ate-price/

Looks like no more multiple figures for me...

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
ELMAS
Apprentice

Post by ELMAS »

Athos wrote:Toys and Bricks is reporting release dates of

But more importantly, they're also reporting a price increase to $3.55/each. :roll:

Steve
I guess someone needs to pay for lego Universe...