Aegnor Battle Tank

Discussion of general LEGO topics
porschecm2
Councilor

Aegnor Battle Tank

Post by porschecm2 »

This is the Aegnor Battle Tank. Aegnor is Elvish for "fell fire", and the name is quite fitting. It is armed with 32 guided rockets, a 50mm cannon, 12 grenade or smoke grenade launchers, and a medium pulse cannon. The Aegnor is a hover tank, enabling it to manuever quickly and quitely into position over even the most difficult terrain. It is powered by 2 massive engines housed inside its monstrous armored belly. It is crewed by 2 men, and has ample room inside for them. This is part of my Recon 2 series. Please let me know what you think; comments and constructive criticisms welcome and wanted.

Pic=Link

Cm2
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

I like it, I like it. Its great. :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Re: Aegnor Battle Tank

Post by Formendacil »

porschecm2 wrote:This is the Aegnor Battle Tank. Aegnor is Elvish for "fell fire", and the name is quite fitting.
Not surprisingly, when I read the topic, my mind leapt immediately to the son of Finarfin of the same name. While I see nothing particularly Quendian about this tank, I have to agree the Aegnor is a most appropriate name for a tank. (Maybe it belongs to some sort of neo-Gondorian country, where Sindarin is still spoken.)

I like the design of your tank, as well as its codified colour scheme. It is kinda funny to see an Elvish name juxtaposed against a futuristic tank though. :D
porschecm2
Councilor

Post by porschecm2 »

Robin Hood: thanks!

Formendacil: Thanks! You confused me though. I was under the impression that Quenyan and Sindarin were two distinct Elvish languages. I recently got an "Elvish" dictionary(I have yet to determine if it is Quenyan or Sindarin, but I believe it is Quenyan). Anyway, with that aid, I plan to name many of my future MOCs using Elvish words. Lol, that is something I might just have to try: a futuristic Middle Earth...Mmm...some might call it heresy, but I think it could be interesting...

Cm2
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

porschecm2 wrote:Robin Hood: thanks!

Formendacil: Thanks! You confused me though. I was under the impression that Quenyan and Sindarin were two distinct Elvish languages. I recently got an "Elvish" dictionary(I have yet to determine if it is Quenyan or Sindarin, but I believe it is Quenyan). Anyway, with that aid, I plan to name many of my future MOCs using Elvish words. Lol, that is something I might just have to try: a futuristic Middle Earth...Mmm...some might call it heresy, but I think it could be interesting...

Cm2
Okay, you should have asked me....

Quenya and Sindarin are the two primary elven languages. Quenya is the High-Elven, spoken in Valinor, and by the Noldorin exiles in middle-earth, as a kind of elf-latin (to use Tolkien's description.) Quenya most closely resembles the original elven tongue.

Sindarin is the languages of the Sindar, the grey-elves of Beleriand, and was adopted by the Noldorin exiles upon their return to middle-earth, and by the end of the Third Age (aka: the War of the Ring), it was spoken by almost all the Eldar in middle-earth (but not by all the elves), as well as by those Dunedain of Gondor from Minas Tirith, or the regions around that city or Dol Amroth.

When I used the term Quendian, however, I was not referring to the language, Quenya. Quendian is an adjective related to Quendi, that is: all the elves (Quendi derives from a proto-elvish word meaning the Speakers. Hence, Quenya, means "language" or in later times, the High-Elven of Valinor.)

Thus, when I used the term Quendian, it was the same as saying "elven".

Sorry for the confusion and the long-winded explanation. Not that it was any trouble for me, I love doing it, I just realise that some people might be thinking: "Oh no! Here he goes again!" :D
porschecm2
Councilor

Post by porschecm2 »

lol, I don't care if others find it droll. It's my topic, and I find it most fascinating. :D Thanks for the explanation.

Cm2
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

porschecm2 wrote:lol, I don't care if others find it droll. It's my topic, and I find it most fascinating. :D Thanks for the explanation.

Cm2
No problem! As I said, I find it most fascinating myself.....

So if anyone has a Tolkien-related question, ask me, I'll try to answer it.
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

As a tank, I like it. As a name it seems fitting, it fits very nicely with the rest of your theme. The rest os the theme looks pretty cool too, http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/porsc ... recon2.jpg looks really imposing.

Back to the tank, I'd love to see it swarmed by Ewoks for some reason. :?

Of course anything looks good when it is swarmed by Ewoks. Now get busy and build something Castle! :D Your castle gallery is horribly unbalanced with your space creations.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Lord Resta
Foot Soldier

Post by Lord Resta »

Sorry Will, but I think a castle is outmatched by this great MOC! I, bieng more of a space guy *dodges rotten and decaying projectiles* likes this very much!
Look to my coming, on the first light of the fifth day. At dawn, look to the East...

-Gandalf the White, The Two Towers.