don't.
9%
The voices are in my head.
18%
I do the voices!
62%
With children, but they do what I say.
6%
With children, they think up the story (and break my MOCs)
6%

Total votes: 34

plums_deify
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by plums_deify »

You know, there are some girls who play with lego. We buy them franticly when we find good deals and create some awesome MOCs.

I am one.

As for playing? Oh yes. Very much so. Haven't been home lately, but that's my plan for this evening.
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

Formendacil wrote:Well yeah, I don't use a full theatre voice, but for a guy like, say, Sir Dractor (see CC-Roleplay for more info), I'd use a deeper voice. Maybe not a loud one, but still, you get the idea.
Before I became "too cool" to "do the voices", I always did diferent voices for each character. Probably because that's what my mom did when she read to me a long time ago. Speaking of reading, I can't find any good books :?
pwnage
Green Fox
Bailiff

Post by Green Fox »

I smiley'd all my castle minifigs. It feels really weird killing them, as previously, most of my castle faces were "glencaer" heads, and they sort of look like an open mouth. I have no problem with killing them. But I can't kill smileys.

All my space figs are the "classic" "light brown with headphone" head, so no worries there.

Any of my "named" figs get a better head. My king has the "labour of love" head(a qui-gon head with the beard rubbrd bown to the point where it becomes dark orange), and I use it on obi- wan hair.
lil Jon
Merchant

Post by lil Jon »

When I was younger I used to think it was the funniest when a smilie head guy would be decapitated.

MAAAN was i straange
It's a Christmas Miracle!
Lord Resta
Foot Soldier

Post by Lord Resta »

MAAAN were you strange.

I play with my Lego all the time. Screams can be heard through the house, up the garden, down the street. Each character has his own voice. I don't play with my friends really, either they make their team indestructible, or they disrespect my laws of lego. I like my models built so I can play instead of building. I don't like to have to fix everything first, as it will take too long (I'm a perfectionist).

Yes, people know i like lego, many people refer to me as a 'Boffin', but I'm proud of my hobby, and nothing will stop me playing! :)
Look to my coming, on the first light of the fifth day. At dawn, look to the East...

-Gandalf the White, The Two Towers.
cnelson
Laborer

Post by cnelson »

When I was younger I used to think it was the funniest when a smilie head guy would be decapitated.
Very little says you're having a bad day better than a row of smiley heads on spears on your castle wall--or your catapult chucking still-smiling heads back at your opponent! :twisted:
"You read the manual, man, and you won't play around with it, not the same way. And you get all funny when somebody else uses it to do something you never thought of..."

William Gibson
The Winter Market
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

I feel no remorse! I enjoy systematically and sadistically slaughtering my Legos, smiley or not! Often I use my underworld figs to commit bloody deeds of syndicate murder, and almost everytime i play with Lego a character is killed in a sticky demise. Hmmm... I haven't quite experiemented with crushing yet. Hmmm....
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
Green Fox
Bailiff

Post by Green Fox »

I have an assassin character who is armed with a garotte. Makes for some great scenes and noises! :twisted:
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Lord Resta wrote:MAAAN were you strange.

I play with my Lego all the time. Screams can be heard through the house, up the garden, down the street. Each character has his own voice. I don't play with my friends really, either they make their team indestructible, or they disrespect my laws of lego. I like my models built so I can play instead of building. I don't like to have to fix everything first, as it will take too long (I'm a perfectionist).

Yes, people know i like lego, many people refer to me as a 'Boffin', but I'm proud of my hobby, and nothing will stop me playing! :)
Hmm.....

This sounds familiar, except for the Boffin part.

I too, keep my not-early-as-large-as-I'd-like collection of Castle-building bricks in one shape (a castle), when I could take it apart and build numerous other MOCs so that I can play with it. (Well, also because I like to look at it, its inspiration for my novel, and I'm lazy, but that's offtopic! :D )
Cow1302
Serf

Play

Post by Cow1302 »

I typically just keep the voices inside my head so people don't walk by my room and think I'm going crazy. I have a 6-year-old brother, so I can play with him as an excuse to use full sound effects. When I'm ready to destroy one of my creations I usually bust out my launchers/catapults/other highly destructive instruments and pretend that the bad guys are attacking.
Visit my gallery at [url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=JHolmes[/url]
Commander Redbeard
Bailiff

Post by Commander Redbeard »

I have my own way of playing, maybe unique.I have the scenes all set up, then advance them a little in time each day. I have my own little rules about how many trebuchets can be fired at my castle per turn and how many studs my minifigs can move... I don't plan the outcome, I just "Be" every minifig in turn and do something. I only stop when there are too few fighters left to do any damage, then I "ressurect" them and they fight again.

Sometimes, bring out my main characters and include them in the fray, but then I record all that happens for my story, someday to be published here. No ressurections then!

When I get tired of that, I have one of my friends come over, we split forces and build up huge castles in my living room, bring out the rubber-band trebuchets, battering rams, siege towers, mantlets... Aaah, the smiley heads fly that day. No rules, just kill 'em. The only way to fight. Muahahahahahaha...
Sitting in a midnight glade
Firelight dancing off burnished blade
A Forestman sits
Wondering about the next day
But after three mugs of ale
Let it bring what it may.
Sir Garth
Apprentice

Post by Sir Garth »

I play, of course
I always like having the power hungry masterminds attacking cities and such.
Therefor I made my own map with cities, how many and what soldiers they have, defences...
And I try to conquer them with my power hungry guy. Of course I have to make the city first, but some times I just 'imagine' the battle because I couldn't make the huge cities and then play just play the last part of the battle.
Most important figures also have a name, of course :)
First all the defences are just a couple of militia, and the army grows with each city the dude takes
Its fun :)
But sound effects... No
I do detail my battles tough, most only go slow (like a fight between a bull and a wolf pack dude could take three minutes)
*And the bulls arrive in kk2*
Cedric the bull: "Hahaha Leo we're here to- wtf?"
*and the bulls see some happy knights bouncing at each other with carts*
Cedric (shocked): "I guess we got the wrong KK''
Bull soldier (frightened): "Lets go back"