LEGO Friends line

Discussion of general LEGO topics
theboywarrior
Steward

Re: LEGO Friends line

Post by theboywarrior »

Just a note, my little sister loves them. A lot.
Some folk we never forget
Some kind we never forgive
Haven’t seen the back of us yet
We’ll fight as long as we live

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... tizen2.bmp[/img]
Medieval Guy
Squire

Post by Medieval Guy »

When I was at my local lego store last week, I saw a half dozen girls gushing over the Friends line. There were also some bins where you could build with these new colors from friends that the girls liked.
[url=http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/70980]MOCpages[/url]
Eklund
Man-At-Arms

Post by Eklund »

Medieval Guy wrote:When I was at my local lego store last week, I saw a half dozen girls gushing over the Friends line. There were also some bins where you could build with these new colors from friends that the girls liked.
Now that you've brought that up, I wonder if some of the new colors could make their way on to the pick a brick wall?
You would rather be building right now.
ImageImage
My Flickr
Medieval Guy
Squire

Post by Medieval Guy »

Eklund wrote:
Medieval Guy wrote:When I was at my local lego store last week, I saw a half dozen girls gushing over the Friends line. There were also some bins where you could build with these new colors from friends that the girls liked.
Now that you've brought that up, I wonder if some of the new colors could make their way on to the pick a brick wall?
That'd be nice. It'd sae those of us that want the colors from having to have doll-like figures.
[url=http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/70980]MOCpages[/url]
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

Speaking of Friends, if anyone wants to buy the sets ('cause they're aeswionme), but doesn't like the figures, I'll trade you with minifigs for them.
Between plotting to kill you all and chasing balls of yarn, I also build [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/30639040@N02/albums]MOCs[/url]

[img]http://stopthetrack.com/lego/embassy/alienambassadorpng.png[/img]
Teherean
Steward

Post by Teherean »

Not a huge fan of the Friends line, But to think that the series is offensive to girls (as in: "they can't build like boys") is a little strange. They came up with this to attract younger girls to Lego. Fine by me.
AFOL, Brony, Yeah... I am a child at heart!

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/t-est/LCC ... nfald2.jpg[/img]
Merlin of Lego
Apprentice

Post by Merlin of Lego »

Teherean wrote:Not a huge fan of the Friends line, But to think that the series is offensive to girls (as in: "they can't build like boys") is a little strange. They came up with this to attract younger girls to Lego. Fine by me.
I don't think it is a "can't build like boys" but more of, on average they don't build like boys. I have two little girls and two boys and they do build and play different. They all love minifigs but they love the friends figs. they love that they can put little bows in the figs hair. One of them has made the tree house the back yard for the Creator Log Cabin. Can girls Play system, Yes. But Freinds has more appeal to the average little girl that is playing Barbie and Polly Pocket (when the 5 year old got three saw these for the first time, her first coment was "cool Polly Pocket Legos.") Now Friends come out and Polly sits on the shelf.
Ashkestral
Villein

Post by Ashkestral »

I bought one set to support the line (the inventor one) and I love the colors. I am going to be picking up some sets for my neice's birthdays this year, since they don't have legos, poor things.

I've noticed some stores are sticking them in the girl's section, which gets girls who aren't into legos noticing them. I've noticed other stores sticking them in with the rest of the legos... and girls going over there to look at them and being exposed to the other lego sets. Win-win in my opinion.
Kev
Bailiff

Post by Kev »

As a desert castle builder, I am very pleased about the part selection and all the tan in 3315 - Olivia's house.
Blue Monarch
Bailiff

Post by Blue Monarch »

My two year old daughter walked through Target and just stopped and said "I want that one, all of that one". I would say that they did an excellent job on selling them. They are well presented, look contemporary. The sets look solid too, unlike the previous lines that looked all "airy" and not like a house. The car looks great, the house looks great, the shop looks great, heck the barbeque looks great... but as we all know, that's a man's zone! Sorry ladies!

I personally will buy them. I never felt like buying Belville or Paradisa or whatever it is. This is a solid design on all that I have seen. I feel like I'm actually buying a solid Lego and not just to get a "girly" Lego.
The term "Hobby" allows you to explain to your relatives why you still play with toys...
KarenJ
Foot Soldier

Post by KarenJ »

Aliencat wrote:Speaking of Friends, if anyone wants to buy the sets ('cause they're aeswionme), but doesn't like the figures, I'll trade you with minifigs for them.
I totally get that, Aliencat. Are the figures compatible with Fabuland?

Nothing about any controversy. All I have to say is the Food! The Food! Both my 9 yo son and I love the food. There are muffins! :D
Karen

Left dark ages Jan '07
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

I am pleasantly surprised with how well constructed the figures are. My girls always liked Polly Pocket, but I always hated how the rubber clothes would rip, the little parts had nothing to "hold on to" and would always get lost. LEGO elements are the perfect solution as they already like playing with those, and these figures are MUCH more durable. After so many frustrating years of trying to find a girls action figure brand that would last AND was fun, this is just a great line.
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
qslobey

Post by qslobey »

Hi all,

like many have said already it's aimed at the polly pocket market. My girls (5 and 7) have only taken a passing interest in Lego up until this line came out. Now they're making other stuff to compliment thier sets or modifying the ones they've bought. I hope it is a "gateway' lego line :)