33%
Buy new bley and keep separate
43%

Total votes: 30

Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

I'll buy bley only in KK2 sets for my set collection and keep them in those sets. Bley is not for building.

Bye
Jojo

architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Currently I am too poor to build up a collection of bley. But given the chance, I think I could use bley, but mainly for highlights or around windows. It would have to be used carefully. Of course colored walls with yellowed old grey might also be interesting.

Ben E.
Duke_Dave
Reeve

Post by Duke_Dave »

I won't say what I will do...everybody will get mad at me :lol:

Dave
Gumby
Steward

Post by Gumby »

I am going to stick with my decision to avoid bley at all costs. I will not buy any 2004+ set (in multiples) for parts. For fun, I challenged myself not to eat potato chips (I love 'em) in 2001 and I haven't eaten any since, so I can see myself upholding my stance on the bleys. I already have a sizeable supply of old grey so I should be ok...

However, I may buy the occasional 2004+ set for display purposes. In my opinion, there haven't been many impressive sets lately.

Sorry, TLG, I'm not interested in KK2.

-Bryan
The Josh
Apprentice

Post by The Josh »

Although I like the Old Grey better, I think the New Grey might have its uses if it is used as a separate color from the Old Grey (which it is) and not as a replacement. There might be some good uses for the New Grey, but most people don't have enough of it to build MOCs with it and explore its possibilities.

- The Josh

P.S. :shock: It's OK if you don't agree with what I have said. This is an opinion of mine and I don't mean to go against or offend anyone that disagrees with me.
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

The Josh wrote:Although I like the Old Grey better, I think the New Grey might have its uses if it is used as a separate color from the Old Grey (which it is) and not as a replacement. There might be some good uses for the New Grey, but most people don't have enough of it to build MOCs with it and explore its possibilities.
Yes, there might. However, the bad thing about the new grey is it lets appear the old grey very "old" in the sense of "tatty" (if that's the right word) even if it's brand new old grey bricks.

P.S. :shock: It's OK if you don't agree with what I have said. This is an opinion of mine and I don't mean to go against or offend anyone that disagrees with me.
I know it's OK to disagree. That's what a forum is for :-) No need for any disclaimers.

Bye
Jojo

Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

I'll start out a collection of bley. I don't have too much old grey, and my collection of bley is starting to get quite big. I could probably make a small tower with only bley about now.
Check out my Brickshelf gallery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=thebrickbin
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

Jojo wrote:Hello!

I'll buy bley only in KK2 sets for my set collection and keep them in those sets. Bley is not for building.

Bye
Jojo

But isn't kk2 not for keeping together?
pwnage
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

My position is simple. I oppose the new grey and will (hopefully) never use it. When the news broke, prices for the old colors jumped up quite a bit and now they have gone back down to a *fairly* reasonable price. I seized this oppertunity to nab about $140 worth of the old grey - mostly in the form of bricks and plates. So as far as size is concerned, I belive I have a "medium" sized collection of the old grey. My estimates run about 600 2x2, 800 2x1 800 1x1, and so on. In short, enough to keep me fairly happy. I believe that for now, I simply don't need any more grey, and as long as I do not purchace any future sets (which I will keep to a minimum) I can put it out of my mind.
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like heck"

KP 2011!
Commander Redbeard
Bailiff

Post by Commander Redbeard »

I guess I'll mix, but not in my MOCs, they'le still be old grey. I'll use Bley to make a prison cell for my KK2 knights...
Sitting in a midnight glade
Firelight dancing off burnished blade
A Forestman sits
Wondering about the next day
But after three mugs of ale
Let it bring what it may.