33%
Buy new bley and keep separate
43%

Total votes: 30

Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

What will you do now.....

Post by Troy T. Moore »

..that classic grey will no longer be manufactured? Will you only buy classic grey from the secondary market? Will you cave in and mix things up a bit with the new bley? I am curious. For myself, I think the light grey and light bley will be able to coexist in my MOCs if mix proportionally 50/50 or 60/40.
Troy T. Moore
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

As my collection is quite small compared to most, I think I will have to really get a lot of bley and have that be my main grey :cry: That will make all of my real greys obsolete, but what can I do? :cry: :cry: :cry:
pwnage
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

I have a large collection, but I will eventually be buying bleys as well. When that sad day comes, they will be kept seperate from the OLG and ODG bricks etc...

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
lil Jon
Merchant

Post by lil Jon »

I am going for the secondary stores. But I don't have a problem with mixing in the new grey.

I've been wondering if the light grey bricks they sell on Shop@Home are new grey. Does anyone know?
It's a Christmas Miracle!
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

The Assorted brick packs are still Old colors, but all the singular size packs are new colors. The 2 x 4's for example are new greys. The Assorted light grey bricks is old light grey. From what I understand from what has been said by Jake, once the assorted packs are sold out, there will no longer be any old colors sold. Grab them while you can, they should be running out soon.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
J1A3L5
Steward

Post by J1A3L5 »

I have a "quarantine" tub. The only pieces I have in the new colours is the SW Cantina, but of course that will change. (Maybe not as fast as it would have a year ago, though)

So I plan to keep going with old colours. I know it's unlikely, been rehashed many times, and I don't want to start it again, but I'm still not convinced they won't go back. I thought it was odd that a store opened in July still had old grey PaB. And that they seem to have made more packets than said for S@H. Meh.

With the small amount of the pieces I have right now I can't really do anything with them even if I wanted, so I'll go on with the old colours as long as I can I guess. Hopefully go on. :)
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Unfortunatly I will have to mix. In my current castle I have some bley. It doesn't bother me that much, well it bothers me a lot actually, but I can't don anything about it.

DM
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Well I will try to go old grey and not buy any new. and if I do it will be kept sepertite. I have a feeling though that I will someday have to admit defeat and use new gray. I would very much like to know why! they changed the colour. :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Legolas
Foot Soldier

Post by Legolas »

I voted 'Buy new bley and mix'.......

[begin evil scheme]
Hmm, I see my chance is here :wink: , I'll let all you guys continue to buy the old grey, while I sneak in and snatch up all the brey bricks that I can..

Muhahahaha......:twisted:
[/end evil scheme]

OH sorry, but on a serious note: The old grey will eventually become 'scarce' and when that happens everyone will have to convert to the bley or stop buying light grey all together..

Just my two cents worth...

-- Joey
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Option 3.

There is no way I can buy just old grey, I like some stuff in the new sets (think ARMOUR!) too much to forgo purchasing. And I never really get rid of pieces, once acquired. You never know when those oddments will become useful.

As for mixing: blech!!!

I have enough old grey to let it stand on its own, and I still hope to acquire more. I just hope that my new grey will eventually grow to similar levels...
J1A3L5
Steward

Post by J1A3L5 »

I forgot to mention something:

I voted only buy classic, although that doesn't mean I won't get any of the new. On bricklink and that, I won't buy any new colours. But if I want a set or something that has them, I will still get it. But the chances of that are lower if I want the set for parts, as the parts would have to be in other colours. I'm not going to buy sets just simply to avoid them, but I am definately not going to buy them purposely.
lil Jon
Merchant

Post by lil Jon »

I was looking at S@H and i noticed it said "These elements have been produced in the 2003 color scheme" at the bottom...

Does that mean LEGO is no longer making the old gray... which means its time to panic..........................................................................................................................................................................................?
sorry, had to think for awhile
It's a Christmas Miracle!
Legomaat
Laborer

Post by Legomaat »

As long as I can buy old grey I will buy old grey. But I am afraid I have to surrender some time.
Maybe I can use the bley for a new or restored part of my castle. You never know.
But for now, I don,t have any bley in my collection.

And I like it to keep it that way 8)
"Too low they build, who build beneath the stars".

Edward Young / Night Thoughts.
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

I'll be mixing in the light greys. I don't think they're that bad at all.
The dark grey will be kept separate.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
Sir Vincent
Steward

Post by Sir Vincent »

I won't give into the lego company's demands...I will never buy bley bricks...