Back to School

Discussion of general LEGO topics
Emperor James
Steward

Back to School

Post by Emperor James »

Okay, so I'm back in school for seventh grade, actually have been for eight days. And, on the first day of every class except for band and P.E., we did all had to stand up in front of the class and tell interesting things about ourselves :roll: I, of course, told everyone about my Lego hobby and showed them pictures that I put in the front and back sleeves of all my binders of my castle and a trebuchet that I haven't put up yet. I also told them about the whole castle community, especially about Robert Carneys stuff and Sava's Ikros. Here are some quotes from teachers:

Math team teacher:"Hurry up so that everyone can get through before class change."

Science teacher:"That catapult (meaning trebuchet) is so neat! It's a perfect example of a complex machine, which we will be studying this year.You'll have to bring it some time."

English teacher:"That's pretty neat. I'll give you twenty five bonus points if you write a story about your castle. And aren't there competitions for that? Maybe you should enter and win some money."

Off topic, I'm wondering if anyone here has heard of the Homewood Band, as we are meteoric and have played at many significant events, such as the presidential inauguration and the Macy's Day Parade.
pwnage
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

It is awesome that you shared some of your LEGO hobby at school. When I was in high school, I made a model of a slice through a plant cell out of lego on a 48x48 grey baseplate. My teacher and the other students thought that it was cool :wink:

Ben E.
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Well, I never had any troulbe showing all my lego products to the entire class. I showed all my lego stuff in every school year, 1-10. (I am entering 10th so thats as far I have gone, but I know for a fact that I will show it in 11 and 12 when I get there) Of course, since I am homeschooled and therefore the only person in the entire class, that might have something to do with it.

Seriously, great job showing of your lego abilitys. If I were in a public school, I would not have the courage to talk about it. Mainly because I am scared to talk in public. Your brave man. :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

I once let my sister have a couple of my figs to put into a school project. They were stolen immediately.
A few years later, I used the new Western sets for a diorama of the Alamo. Guess what? Some of those were stolen too.
Never again did my collection make a public appearance.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

EVERYONE in my year at school is WELL aware of my Lego-hobby. So far, I have yet to meet someone who was critical of it.

Of course, I'm home-schooled, so I'm the only one in my class. :D

Saves me from getting picked on (or picking on!).

Unless I'm doing something that's not school-related, but I can't say that I've ever been picked on for my Lego habit. Mostly, they see my collection, say WOW! Or, as the case today is, they see something I've built, and say WOW!
Tycho McKorley
Artisan

Post by Tycho McKorley »

My girlfriend thought that my lego hobby was attractive. I can't say that I'll ever abandon it now!
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Tycho123]My Brickshelf Folder[/url]
Legolas
Foot Soldier

Post by Legolas »

Tycho McKorley wrote:My girlfriend thought that my lego hobby was attractive. I can't say that I'll ever abandon it now!
Shes a keeper!! :wink:

My girlfriend says that my lego hobby is kinda childish :roll: , but hey I'm a Kid at heart. 8)

-- Joey
Commander Redbeard
Bailiff

Post by Commander Redbeard »

I brought a few Lego dioramas in to school two years ago, and nothing was stolen. Last year some my whole team did a diorama project, and naturally sone other kids used legos in it. After a month, I was conveniantly there when my LA teacher asked me to throw them out... I got two ninjas, a pirate, four movie-makers, and a vampire head.

Quote by Emperor James
English teacher:"That's pretty neat. I'll give you twenty five bonus points if you write a story about your castle. And aren't there competitions for that? Maybe you should enter and win some money."

English teachers ROCK, don't they? I never got less that 100% in any English class in three years... You must have teachers that came out of the same mold as mine.

PS: I HATE MATH!
Sitting in a midnight glade
Firelight dancing off burnished blade
A Forestman sits
Wondering about the next day
But after three mugs of ale
Let it bring what it may.
Sir Garth
Apprentice

Post by Sir Garth »

I once let a castle with fright knights go around
Someone had stolen the fright knights' helmet tough...
*And the bulls arrive in kk2*
Cedric the bull: "Hahaha Leo we're here to- wtf?"
*and the bulls see some happy knights bouncing at each other with carts*
Cedric (shocked): "I guess we got the wrong KK''
Bull soldier (frightened): "Lets go back"
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

When I was in grade 1 for the 100th day of school, we had to bring 100 of something. By then I just had 100 mini-figs, so I lined them all up on baseplates.
Check out my Brickshelf gallery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=thebrickbin
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

As a Dad I am quite looking forward to the return of school days. I'll finally have time to build for myself.

I just built a 2 story wattle and daub house for my son. Nothing fancy, but the floors do lift out and the house is hinged with a removeable roof. Easy access for a child. He quite likes it. :D

I really do need some uninterupted time to build for myself though and my kids being back in school will be the boon I have been waiting for. :D

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Green Fox
Bailiff

Post by Green Fox »

English teachers ROCK, don't they? I never got less that 100% in any English class in three years... You must have teachers that came out of the same mold as mine.
My english teacher swears at us and throws chairs around.

At my primary school we did a school project where we built lego things. This was before I got into castle, so I built a blender
with a motor and A LOT of spiked technic wheels. I can't remember who won, though it wasn't me.

P.S: I think the current idea ofhaving topics about LEGO affecting real life is a good development. :mrgreen: