Lego survey

Discussion of general LEGO topics
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Lego survey

Post by Troy T. Moore »

In the back of the instructions for the 2 KK2 sets I have there is a survey address on the web. I participated in the survey and said that the design of KK2 pales in comparison to the historical reference of the sets from mid 80'-mid 90's, that they look like fun for the kids. 8778, mostly bricks, very good. I also let them know I was upset about the colour changes (greys, brown) but that I appreciate the workmanship that goes into each and every brick. I wonder if they give a rip? I've spent most of the morning building. It was a time of mourning, really, as I looked at the wals of my castle begin to rise....in classic grey. :cry:
Participate in the survey if you have bought 2004 product.
Troy T. Moore
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

Argh!:
"Please do not fill in the questionnaire before your child has played with his/her new LEGO product."
Bad luck! Is there any girl out there reading this who would like to become the mother of my children? I need at least one for being able to participate in this survey. If interested please call 555######!

Bye
Jojo

Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Jojo wrote:Hello!

Argh!:
"Please do not fill in the questionnaire before your child has played with his/her new LEGO product."
Bad luck! Is there any girl out there reading this who would like to become the mother of my children? I need at least one for being able to participate in this survey. If interested please call 555######!

Bye
Jojo

I've got a better idea Jojo: get one of your parents to fill out the survey, since you are the child who is playing with it... (Child, in that you are still into Lego...)
cnelson
Laborer

Post by cnelson »

JoJo wrote:Is there any girl out there reading this who would like to become the mother of my children?
Hey admins, maybe the Russian bride thing is really being posted by an AFOL who wants us to have children to fill out the survey and y'all should stop deleting them?

:twisted:

Carl
"You read the manual, man, and you won't play around with it, not the same way. And you get all funny when somebody else uses it to do something you never thought of..."

William Gibson
The Winter Market
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

Is this survey on the web or a glossy booklet?
pwnage
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Argh!:
How ignorant. What a slap in the face to AFOLs.

DM
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

Emperor James wrote:Is this survey on the web or a glossy booklet?
http://www.acnielsen.aim.dk/lego

Do you dare to lie and fill in the survey about a KK2 set even if you did not purchase any...?

Bye
Jojo

Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

Emperor James wrote:Is this survey on the web or a glossy booklet?
http://www.acnielsen.aim.dk/lego

Do you dare to lie and fill in the survey about a KK2 set even if you did not purchase any...?

Bye
Jojo

I have purchased some, but I throw out the glossy booklets. However I did not see the survey in it anwhere.
pwnage
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

Dragon Master wrote:How ignorant. What a slap in the face to AFOLs.
You seem to have forgotten that Lego is intended primarily for children. Us AFOLs just refuse to grow up.

This survey is in all of the new 2004 sets, and I've filled out something like 10 of them. Apparently, one in 50 survey takers gets a free Lego set (at least that was what it said when I took them). I haven't won anything yet.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Post by Troy T. Moore »

Well, I guess I didn't read too closely. Way I see it is they have my money, I PLAYED with the set so they can take what I have to say. 8778 is sitting on the computer desk beside me as I type. Santis is charging across the bridge and the Shadowknight is preparing to defend (the flipper and rock are not in the scene :roll: ) I was constructive with all my comments.
Troy T. Moore
Commander Redbeard
Bailiff

Post by Commander Redbeard »

I filled out two, one for border ambush and one for (Please don't laugh) Sirius black's escape. Didn't win anything. Did anyone on CC win anything there?
Sitting in a midnight glade
Firelight dancing off burnished blade
A Forestman sits
Wondering about the next day
But after three mugs of ale
Let it bring what it may.
The Josh
Apprentice

Post by The Josh »

I'm going to fill one out for my KK2 set. I'll let you guys know if I win anything, but I bet having a supposed prize is just a way to get people to fill out the survey :cry: .

-The Josh
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

Commander Redbeard wrote:I filled out two, one for border ambush and one for (Please don't laugh) Sirius black's escape. Didn't win anything. Did anyone on CC win anything there?
Why would anybody laugh? Sirius Black's Escape is a great set for $20. I'm disappointed because the store in town has all toys 25% off, but they are already sold out of Sirius Black's Escape sets.

Anyway, I've purchased 7 Harry Potter sets and 2 KK2 sets so far this year. I also purchased the dinosaur creator set. There was a card in each of them, but I threw it out. Is that where the survey is located?
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
geekman
Gong Farmer

Post by geekman »

I was just there and since i bought 8601 at the c omiccon, i thought i's give it a try. But it woudln't work for some reason.
MaxiVisVires
Squire
Location: San Diego, CA If I was any closer to LEGOLand, I'd be living there

Post by MaxiVisVires »

I filled out the survey once, for the Ogel's Ice Mountain Fortress (I wanted the baseplate). 2 weeks later I got this email which I thought was spam saying I won some Legos. Then I remember the survey. It said it will take up to 6 weeks for me to get my prize, I'll keep you all posted. (it's been 3 weeks thus far)

Here's what the email said:
It is with great pleasure that I can inform you that your name has
been drawn out among the participants in the Lego internet survey, and
that
you have won a LEGO product.

Please reply to this mail sending us your full name, address, age
and gender, and you will receive your prize within approximately six
weeks.

Once again ACNielsen AIM and LEGO would like to thank you for
participating in this survey.

Yours sincerely

Helle Larsen
Project Manager
ACNielsen AIM, Denmark
Last edited by MaxiVisVires on Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.