LEGO fans everywhere....

Discussion of general LEGO topics
Barbapple
Steward

LEGO fans everywhere....

Post by Barbapple »

When I posted my 'Dan Cloutier Done in LEGO' On the Forum at Canucks.com, This was one of the replys...
Aside from those issues, having fond memories of both Lego and Playmobil, I may be somewhat biased. Still, I have to admire your creative industry in supporting what you do!
LEGO, the toy that every child loves....
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Post by SavaTheAggie »

I recently was at Space Center Houston with my nephews, and while in the gift shop I noticed they had some of those Discovery Space Sets on the shelves, along with some full price :shock: Life On Mars sets. Actually all the LEGO they had were above retail, and were sitting next to clone brands which were, of course, much cheaper.

But that's not what is important or relevant to this thread.

As I was walking away from the LEGO, I noticed a kid (12-14, wasn't sure) walk up to them and say "Look Dad! LEGO! Expensive, but look!"

Now being the gregarious person that I am, I just couldn't stop myself. I walked right up to the boy and his father and asked:

"Excuse me, I don't mean to intrude, but I saw that you like LEGO."

"Yeah?"

"Have you ever been to the website 'LUGNET'?"

"Nope."

Thus began a ten minute conversation with the boy, his father, his brother (who also loves LEGO) and their mother about Lugnet, Brickshelf, Bricklink, Brickfest, Ikros and Classic-Castle. The two boys were big fans of the Space theme, so I didn't bother mentioning this or my site very much, but I did point them to Lugnet.

The two boys became VERY excited to hear about this digital world of LEGO fans from all over the globe. I also learned that they were from New Jersey, which made me smile. If they get invovled with the LUG over there, they're going to have a great time with great the Space and Mecha builders there.

Yes, there are LEGO fans everywhere.

--Anthony
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
erikut
Steward

Post by erikut »

of course ther is lego fans all over our small blue globe. take me forictance im Norwegian(the small country nort from denmark and to the left from sweden where there is a lot of snow in the winter) and i see there are a bunch of people from man yother places here but im the only norwegian and inm proud of it :D
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

Hey, great job, Anthony. Two more youngsters saved from Megablocks!

-Joel
I'm back, and so is Castle!
Commander Redbeard
Bailiff

Post by Commander Redbeard »

Yes indeed... Every once in a while I find a lego brick, lying in some strange place, to remind me that there ARE other fans then me. I found one in my school, one in the Museum of Science in Boston's LOTR exhibit, etc. And I was always fighting with total strangers over it's posession. So there are definately more people out there who would trade a bruise for a 2x4 red brick.
Sitting in a midnight glade
Firelight dancing off burnished blade
A Forestman sits
Wondering about the next day
But after three mugs of ale
Let it bring what it may.
Sir Vincent
Steward

Post by Sir Vincent »

There aren't any lego builders where I'm from besides me...well except for those town kids...curse you lego town...curse you...curse you...
Legomaat
Laborer

Post by Legomaat »

erikut wrote:of course ther is lego fans all over our small blue globe. take me forictance im Norwegian(the small country nort from denmark and to the left from sweden where there is a lot of snow in the winter) and i see there are a bunch of people from man yother places here but im the only norwegian and inm proud of it :D
Norwegian small? I am afraid that The Netherlands is much smaller than your country. Nevertheless, I am not the only Dutch person here. One of the reasons is that LEGO was and is extremely popular in The Netherlands. Nearly every child got some LEGO, one way or another, over a period of nearly half a century. And nearly nobody has thrown away his LEGO but at least put it (temporarily) away on the attic or something.

It will not be amazing to me if The Netherlands has the highest brick ratio per person in the world..

But I have never sort this out, ofcourse..

Interesting question indeed... :!:
"Too low they build, who build beneath the stars".

Edward Young / Night Thoughts.
Sir Garth
Apprentice

Post by Sir Garth »

I think I'm going to raise my kids in the Netherlands later :)
*And the bulls arrive in kk2*
Cedric the bull: "Hahaha Leo we're here to- wtf?"
*and the bulls see some happy knights bouncing at each other with carts*
Cedric (shocked): "I guess we got the wrong KK''
Bull soldier (frightened): "Lets go back"
Legomaat
Laborer

Post by Legomaat »

Please, don't wait to long! All te bigger wil be the brick ratio.. :lol:
"Too low they build, who build beneath the stars".

Edward Young / Night Thoughts.