Pokemon legos

Discussion of general LEGO topics
hbl951
Serf

Pokemon legos

Post by hbl951 »

Has anyone thougth about pokemon legos, the ltttle creatures tjhat everyone loves in lego, awesome, think of the new buildings, the new ppl, i mean gym's, trainers, pokemon, boc, misty, ash, pikachu, pokeballs, team rocket..........how cool would that be, if anyone has friends in high places please submit this idea to them THANK YOU
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Hi,

This topic should be posted in the General LEGO forum because it is not about LEGO Castle sets. I will move it there. Thanks!

Ben E.
CC Sets Admin
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

Pokemon? That was a major fad 4-5 years ago, in which kids mindlessly bought worthless packs of paper for absurd prices. The game is okay, but anyone caught playing pokemon in my grade would get beat up as a matter of course. Tlc would NEVER listen to people asking them to make pokemon Legos, as they never listen to people making good suggestions.
pwnage
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Tlc would NEVER listen to people asking them to make pokemon Legos, as they never listen to people making good suggestions.
LEGO does listen but I think the main point these days is that LEGO is trying to lean away from liscenced sets. This is why I think Pokemon would probably not be made. They have Bionicle for much of the younger audience. Plus, the fees which have to be paid outside of the company are really bad for LEGO's bottom line.

Ben E.
adm_matthew
Journeyman

Post by adm_matthew »

If I remember correctly, there were Pokecrap Megabloks.
~ Matthew Taylor
[url=http://galacticbrick.com/arda][img]http://galacticbrick.com/lotr/new-site/banner-main.png[/img][/url]

The Adm is for Admiral not ADAM! :-p
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Who cares if TLC makes 'em. You have bricks right?

Build POKEMON!

Here are some examples I have found on Brickshelf:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=57571

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=95092

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=12503

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=12925

All images copyright of their respective owners.

You see you can make them big, small, poseable, scuplture versions, and even mosaics. The only thing is that it would be very difficult to make them and smaller than Miniland Scale.

Well now you know!

DM

P.S. I'm not a pokemon fan, but I know my LEGO!
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
jon_p
Artisan

Post by jon_p »

Maybe if they had made them about 3-4 years ago when Pokemon was very popular, they might have sold.
But now, that less people like it I guess it would be about as profitable as... Galidor *shudder* for TLC.

Jon.
"We dine well here in Camelot, we eat ham and jam and spam alot!"

My Brickshelf gallery - http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=85183
Daimyo
Squire

Re: Pokemon legos

Post by Daimyo »

hbl951 wrote:Has anyone thougth about pokemon legos, the ltttle creatures tjhat everyone loves in lego, awesome, think of the new buildings, the new ppl, i mean gym's, trainers, pokemon, boc, misty, ash, pikachu, pokeballs, team rocket..........how cool would that be, if anyone has friends in high places please submit this idea to them THANK YOU
Oh yeah, how cool that would be... Everyone LOVES Pokemon! The annoying "ltttle" creatures! I love those cheap ugly mutants!

How cool that would be. Yeah.
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
Emperor James
Steward

Re: Pokemon legos

Post by Emperor James »

Daimyo wrote:
hbl951 wrote:Has anyone thougth about pokemon legos, the ltttle creatures tjhat everyone loves in lego, awesome, think of the new buildings, the new ppl, i mean gym's, trainers, pokemon, boc, misty, ash, pikachu, pokeballs, team rocket..........how cool would that be, if anyone has friends in high places please submit this idea to them THANK YOU
Oh yeah, how cool that would be... Everyone LOVES Pokemon! The annoying "ltttle" creatures! I love those cheap ugly mutants!

How cool that would be. Yeah.
I know Pokemon is lame, but do you have to be mean about it? I just knew you would say something like that when I saw the topic posted.

Opularpay eoplepay....
pwnage
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

I have three questions for you...

#1: How old are YOU?

#2: What are you thinking?

#3: People still like this pile of paper crap?

and sumner, I hope your joking :p

LR
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

lone ranger wrote:I have three questions for you...

#1: How old are YOU?

#2: What are you thinking?

#3: People still like this pile of paper crap?

and sumner, I hope your joking :p

LR
??? I don't understand exactly
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

I find it very funny that LEGO fans are making fun of pokemon :lol: !

Pokemon is targeted at kids.

Lego is targeted at kids a well.

So why is lego better then pokemon in the grand scheme of things. I know that older people can be ridiculed for having a hobby like lego, so lets not pass on the hate.

Lets be civil, you don't have to like it, but don't make fun it.

DM
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

sumner, I was joking around, I'll talk to you on AIM :p

and DM. Yes lego is targetted at kids, but lego is now targetting AFOL and KFOL alike, hopfuly TFOL...

and...

pokemon has died, even though a lot of kids still watch it, it's dead

personaly, I rather LEGO bring out some MOC stuff or more legends than pokemon, who wouldnt want more castle legends?

LR
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

lone ranger wrote:sumner, I was joking around, I'll talk to you on AIM :p

and DM. Yes lego is targetted at kids, but lego is now targetting AFOL and KFOL alike, hopfuly TFOL...

and...

pokemon has died, even though a lot of kids still watch it, it's dead

personaly, I rather LEGO bring out some MOC stuff or more legends than pokemon, who wouldnt want more castle legends?

LR
Thats untrue, I just saw a comercial for Pokemon a few days ago.

And you don't know that only kids watch it, some adults do too.

DM
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

Pokemon, face it, it's like, the most laughable thing of the decade. You look back and say, "Haha, that sucked soooo bad," and realize you should of spent all that money you wasted on then expensive, now worthless card on a good book worth elevating your now wasted intelligence. Yup. I really am in the mood to rant today :-)