Black windows!

Discussion of general LEGO topics
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Re: Black windows!

Post by footsteps »

On closer examination:
http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?p=4886
that thing is really swimming in tiles, and I don't mean the patio ones. Take a look at the top of the walls where they meet the roof -- the roof comes off!! This is one awesome set. But I don't think the door is Legorado - it looks like it has six clear panes in it.

Alan
I'm a human BEING, not a human doing!
The two most important days of your life are the day you are born
and the day you discover why. (Donald Sensing)
One plus one equals three... for large values of one. (Bruce Fournier)
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

This set looks awesome! Look at all of those 1x1 tiles, amazing for a set. Lots of red slopes, lots of white, you can't go wrong. As for calling people yanks... I live in Alabama, and if you call anyone a yank down here, you will probably end up being murdered by a seemingly unhomicidal person :wink:
pwnage
Gumby
Steward

Post by Gumby »

wlister wrote:4857 Doc Ock's Fusion Lab - 2 windows.
7045 Hovercraft Hideout - 1 window.

It is nice to see a set worth buying with black windows though. By worth buying, I meant worth buying for castle builders. I am sure many people like the Battrax and that police stuff, but I am a castle only kind of guy. As to the other two sets with them now, I'd only buy them at 50% off or better. Even then I'm not sure I'd buy them.
Actually, 7045 Hovercraft Hideout is a pretty decent set, with great parts. If I had managed to take advantage of the recent 50% of sale at Zellers, I would've gotten a few more to add to my 1 copy. But $39.99 + tax is a bit expensive for my tastes...

-Bryan
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

Green Fox wrote:
footsteps wrote:
Green Fox wrote:Is that a LEGOREDO door I see?!

I think it is!
I can't make out the picture well enough. Is there a parts inventory anywhere online?

It is either a door or a space filled in with black bricks. But the set has moving windows, so a door is likely. It HAD BETTER be a LEGOREDO door.

Green Fox wrote: Sometimes I'm glad to live in sunny Belfast. You Yanks get all the luck. But not now! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
[OT] Here's the deal: don't call me a Yank, and I won't call you an Englishman! :wink:

Alan
Deal. But as Lone Ranger and DMS know, I am a classy lad.
you think you are, but you have proven yourself not a "Classy lad"
Duke_Dave
Reeve

Re: Black windows!

Post by Duke_Dave »

[quote="Formendacil
On second thought, what happened to the Good Old Days, period? These Bad New Days just aren't the same...
[/quote]

I have noticed (though) that TLC has started uesing a lot more pieces in their sets rather then large molded peices, which make me happy :D . also If any body wants to figure it up how much would this set be in US dollars?

Dave
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

Is there a separate Shop at Home site for European buyers? If so, where can I find it.
Also, if there are separate sites, why would they show a set that they don't intend to release in North America on the North American site?
By the way, you can call me a yank any time you want... I don't consider it to be a derogatory term. I can see why those crazy ol' Canucks might be a tad bothered though.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

doctorsparkles wrote: I can see why those crazy ol' Canucks might be a tad bothered though.
Whose a Canuck? I'm an Albertan. :wink:

Contrary to popular belief, not all Canadians are polite, maple syrup is not a staple of our diets, we don't live in igloos and we don't all say eh. On a personal note, I do not drive a ski-doo, I have never eaten poutine, I don't like Canadian bacon, but I do watch a lot of hockey. :D

Back on topic we will likely see this set available by November. As others have said we are usually a month or so behind. Be patient, it will be here.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

Black windows have also been available in 1592 (harhar, great source, easily to achieve...).
doctorsparkles wrote:Is there a separate Shop at Home site for European buyers? If so, where can I find it.
You can find it by setting the country in the drop-down menu beneath "Shopping Cart will ship to:" to an European country. (Please consult an atlas to find European countries ;) ) Many items are not available in America and Europe at the same time, however, in the majority of cases all items will be available everywhere eventually like the Vladek Attack sets. Right now that KK2 Clock with the printed Jayko is not available in Germany, for example.
Formendacil wrote:Yes, what happened to the Good Old Days when it was US/Canada-Only sets?
Those days are luckily over. I never understand why there are [chose a country]-only sets at all.

Bye
Jojo