do they look weird?

Discussion of general LEGO topics
ludzik
Steward

do they look weird?

Post by ludzik »

Playing with fleshies for my archers and I'm not 100% sold on how they look... yellowheads didn't look better either... thoughts?

archers by Kejtar, on Flickr
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Re: do they look weird?

Post by AK_Brickster »

Are you just not liking the flesh tone w the green torsos? Maybe spruce them up with some dark green capes. I'm guessing another factor is that the flesh heads are disproportionately detailed in comparison with the old-style torso printing.

You could also just try to cover up most of the flesh color by using cowls / hoods instead of hair and "traditional" forestmen caps.
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
ludzik
Steward

Post by ludzik »

AK_Brickster wrote:Are you just not liking the flesh tone w the green torsos? Maybe spruce them up with some dark green capes. I'm guessing another factor is that the flesh heads are disproportionately detailed in comparison with the old-style torso printing.

You could also just try to cover up most of the flesh color by using cowls / hoods instead of hair and "traditional" forestmen caps.
I think you hit the nail on the head. I wish I had more hoods :)

Oh well, I'll see what green capes will do to the figs as well.
ludzik
Steward

Post by ludzik »

Hmmm I think that was it ;) I wish I had more hoods, but with the cape even the forestment cap version looks ok

archer hood cape by Kejtar, on Flickr

Untitled by Kejtar, on Flickr
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

Yep, these look much better! :D
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

They look decent to me. I'll always like yellow heads better. I might just be old-school. :)
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
falsusnominatim
Gong Farmer

Post by falsusnominatim »

i'm an oldie as well. flesh colored minifigs make me cringe... there's just something comforting about a nice blank :) starring at you lovingly. i have nightmares of the fleshy's coming to life and stabbing my toes during the day. i mean yellow IS lego. it's what i grew up with, all i knew was the yellows. the first time i saw a fleshy i thought it was a megablock stowing away in the wrong box.

E
Ante ad mortem quam turpem
ludzik
Steward

Post by ludzik »

falsusnominatim wrote:i'm an oldie as well. flesh colored minifigs make me cringe... there's just something comforting about a nice blank :) starring at you lovingly. i have nightmares of the fleshy's coming to life and stabbing my toes during the day. i mean yellow IS lego. it's what i grew up with, all i knew was the yellows. the first time i saw a fleshy i thought it was a megablock stowing away in the wrong box.

E
I'm with you on that... or rather was..... and then, not sure when, I woke up one morning and it was all about fleshie love :) Ok, y'all get your mind out of the gutter :) I mean that I started appreciating fleshies :)
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

Its not that I hate fleshies, I just happen to like yellow heads a lot more. Just old school am I, my first experience with a minifig was the old fire station No 9, if you can remember that far back. Then the yellow Castle, Galaxy Explorer, drool... 36 plus years of yellow heads, that's how I define a minifig for me...

Do they look weird? Yes, like they got sunburned or pink slimed. I doubt I'd ever get "used" to seeing that.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

falsusnominatim wrote:there's just something comforting about a nice blank :) starring at you lovingly.
Could say it any better! It's the Classic "Lego" feel. :)
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]