Duplo Castle better than KKII?

Discussion of general LEGO topics

Is the Duplo castle line set design better than KKII?

Poll ended at Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:46 pm

Yes, why can't they do this in System scale.
68%
Yes, but system scale sets like this would be too much like Megabloks.
25%
neither, both lines are poorly designed.
5%
No, if this was system scale it would be worse than KKII.
No votes
Ni, KII is a far superior line in terms of design.
3%

Total votes: 40

rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

Duplo Castle Advantages:
Believable Heraldry
Archers
Generic Soldiers
More realistic set designs.
A ****ing Flail!?! I've been waiting eons for a minifig scale flail, but oh no! We get the retarded lightning swords while the 3 year olds get the flail. What are they smoking in Denmark?

I've seen this picture a long time ago, but I can't stand how badly we got shafted with KK2. It's just ridiculous.

Too bad it's Duplo and it's mostly pre-molded. If they could put this type of set design into minifig scale sets, I might be happy with Lego Castle again.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

I am soooooooooooooo excited about this line!

The current target group as I like to call them is the "Bionicle Kids" are used to colorful creations so KKII is good for them. So they can use this untill they grow out of it or become AFOLS.

But with these new lines LEGO is targeting the next generation of Kids while they are still young. You see if they grow up with semi accurate figs, then their system sets will be semi accurate.

YEA!
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

Dragon Master wrote:I am soooooooooooooo excited about this line!

The current target group as I like to call them is the "Bionicle Kids" are used to colorful creations so KKII is good for them. So they can use this untill they grow out of it or become AFOLS.

But with these new lines LEGO is targeting the next generation of Kids while they are still young. You see if they grow up with semi accurate figs, then their system sets will be semi accurate.

YEA!
Don't count on it. They'll outgrow this stuff, and move on to video games :evil:
pwnage
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

on another note - my SIX year old said "dad, why do the baby legos look cooler?"

and i sadly shook my head....

"I just don't know, son, I just don't know....."
Commander Redbeard
Bailiff

Post by Commander Redbeard »

**Sigh...**

Lego could do so well, and yet... If they made a set like that one with real bricks, the 7 generic soldiers, cool new (accurate colour) weapons... They just don't seem to get that that's what will get them the $$ they need. Even if they use those light grey wall pieces I'd go broke buying them..
Sitting in a midnight glade
Firelight dancing off burnished blade
A Forestman sits
Wondering about the next day
But after three mugs of ale
Let it bring what it may.
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

So sad that they can't design a line of Castles as good as this in System scale.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Sir Vincent
Steward

Post by Sir Vincent »

This sets are better than KK2...have you seen the knight and squire set? It has Excaliber! Not to mention the dragon knights have morning stars...and a dragon...the only problems are that they are Duplo...the color change...premolded wall segments...and the catapult I saw didn't have wheels...I'll probably end up buying these...especially if we can see Duplo Black Falcon minifigs :lol: ...
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

LEGOFREAK wrote:on another note - my SIX year old said "dad, why do the baby legos look cooler?"

and i sadly shook my head....

"I just don't know, son, I just don't know....."
'Tis a sad, backward world laddie...'

Everywhere I look it says duplo isnt going to north america is that temporally?
Or is it that TLC is doing this on purpose??? Is it a crime to have nice normal sized lego??????

'Tis a sad, backward world laddie...'
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

Sir Vincent wrote:Not to mention the dragon knights have morning stars...
Sorry to do this, but let me correct you: a morning star has THREE chains with a spiked ball. Regular WAR FLAILS have only one.
pwnage
Sir Vincent
Steward

Post by Sir Vincent »

Emperor James wrote:
Sir Vincent wrote:Not to mention the dragon knights have morning stars...
Sorry to do this, but let me correct you: a morning star has THREE chains with a spiked ball. Regular WAR FLAILS have only one.
Thanks...but the point is they have them...whatever they are...
The Josh
Apprentice

Post by The Josh »

I like the Duplo Castle line better, but not just because the sets and the pieces look cooler. I also think it is a great idea to make Duplo Castle sets. I believe the Duplo Castle sets could bring younger kids into collecting Lego Castle instead of collecting other themes like Space and Bionicle. Yes, it is disappointing that the Duplo Castle line is cooler than KK2, but at least the Duplo Castle might bring in future Classic-Castle.com Members (start 'em while they're young :wink: ).

- The Josh
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Sob :cry: :( Why couldn't KK2 be like this. this is way better. A bit junourized, but thats to be expected. If this was system (sigh) think of it. Soilders, horses, real knights, real castles, real stuff (siggghhhhh)

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
jon_p
Artisan

Post by jon_p »

There are some nice things in this. I like the portculis, the little bridge and the general build of these sets. Apart from the large blokcy pieces, I would love to see this in system scale.

Jon.
"We dine well here in Camelot, we eat ham and jam and spam alot!"

My Brickshelf gallery - http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=85183