the new hogwarts

Discussion of general LEGO topics
Sir Vincent
Steward

Post by Sir Vincent »

Emperor James wrote:
Athos wrote:Merfolk "kidnapped" the friends as part of the challenge.

Steve
I know, my point was that merfolk were insignificant compared to dragons :wink:
Dragons can't swim! Well the only dragon I know that can swim is Tempi Frei...
tanzirian
Villein

Post by tanzirian »

Getting back to the original topic...
Before I say anything else, I don't own this set, so I haven't made a final judgment. But...
Before this year's releases, there were really no official Potter sets that I liked. They were all too clunky and juniorized for my taste. But from the pictures I've seen of the new castle, it looks very well put together and exceptionally detailed. New colors aside, I'm rather surprised people don't like it more.
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

tanzirian wrote:Getting back to the original topic...
Before I say anything else, I don't own this set, so I haven't made a final judgment. But...
Before this year's releases, there were really no official Potter sets that I liked. They were all too clunky and juniorized for my taste. But from the pictures I've seen of the new castle, it looks very well put together and exceptionally detailed. New colors aside, I'm rather surprised people don't like it more.

I think it's rather nice and I'd like to get a couple of them. Seems like a good parts pack, and the main model looks like it would be fun to build as well.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
Luís
Steward

Post by Luís »

Formendacil wrote:I hope they don't make a Goblet of Fire line. As great as a lot of the parts would be, I'm ready to see every and all franchised themes go.

Let's get back to Lego-made themes.
My thoughs exacly.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/7sword7/]Shelved bricks(???)[/url]
You know you're a good person when you see megablocks and have to do things you would rather not.
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

For anyone who has the set, how does the automatic door work?
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

It also has a sphinx and freaky thing thats part crab part spider.......... :lol:
hopefully there are Blast ended skrewts in the 4th harry potter theme
Thats what they were called!
Sir Vincent
Steward

Post by Sir Vincent »

timber_wolf899 wrote:For anyone who has the set, how does the automatic door work?
Some kind of crazy technic contraption...I know very little about technic pieces...and rarely use them...so that is all I can tell you my friend...