Lego Friends

Discussion of general LEGO topics
Grover
Peasant

Lego Friends

Post by Grover »

Based on the Elves remake by Lil_curt (which is excellent, BTW)

http://classic-castle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25976

it made me wonder... has anyone found a use for the Friends sets or parts? Aside from the fact that I believe that Legos are supposed to appeal to both boys and girls and am thus somewhat offended that they have come up with gender-specific lines now, I had dismissed both the Elves and Friends lines as uninteresting to me. However, Lil_curt found a way to transform the Elves line into something pretty cool with only minor modifications. Seeing as the Friends line is more city-based, I would imagine a transformation to a city theme would be easier (fitting in with my uncouth plans to turn the Pop Star set into a strip club), but there remains the possibility that some of the more rural sets could have parts or some usefulness to a Castle theme. I'm curious if anyone out there has done any work to that end.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Re: Lego Friends

Post by architect »

I am moving this thread to General LEGO as it is more appropriate there.

Ben
CC Sets Admin
Lil_Curt
Steward

Post by Lil_Curt »

Yep you hit the nail on yhe head :) I buy friends and elves sets alot. The hair can be used on minifigures as well as you get different animals to play with as well.

The brighter colors can be harder to deal with but if it is burried under the facad of a hill or building no one ever knows and you can bulk things up quite quickly. I like the purple and lavander leaves for fantasy type builds, and some of the brighter colors can be used here as well.

Luke Watkins aka, Derfel Cadran on this forum, moc pages and flickr has used many of these colors with great results.

I to in the begining dismissed these sets but when you look at them from a parts standpoint as opposed to a set. They can be goldmines :)

Curt
So Many Hobbies So Little Time....
Come Visit me on Facebook @ Atavistic Creations
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Post by Bluesecrets »

I have been proclaiming how great the Friends line is since day one. The parts in them are great. Very few "duds" as I'd call them. (Now don't be offended, we all have parts we don't really love..for me it is technic pins...but others adore them.) I build with the parts from them all the time. But then pretty much to me...parts are parts. I use whatever I want whenever especially if it makes the build look better. For example this reef.
[url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/48243528@N00/9 ... 149832463/[/url]
has pretty much every single line you could image in it. Plus, the Friends line has brought us parts we never had before...spatula, silverware...etc. Now we are getting animals we've never had before..although some people think they are too cartoony. I'm just happy to have a seal.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!