Heresy

Discussion of general LEGO topics
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

sklar wrote:As a recently converted space'er, I must say, I find it easyer to build space MOCs, because there is less limitation. Sure, I have to remember to include the Hyperdrive, or fussion-reactor, the life-support, and all the other technical systems, but form, size, shape, and color, it's all up to me. In castle, there's not much. I just do prefer space. *avoids heavy objects being thrown*
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=dudefzs
*Fires Megablocks at sklar* :wink: :lol:

Actually, I agree with you. In castle, unless you're into fantasy, everything has to be "historicaly accurate" and "realistic". In space, you can snap an engine to a wing plate and call it an intergalantic planet destoryer and no one can dispute it with you! :lol: :lol:
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

It might only seem easier - there is always some guy who has to say "yeah but where is the thorium converter?"

at least in castle you could shoot his eye out with working ballistae...

:D

LF

(ps - kids don't try that at home - only trained freaks can attack the thorium guy..)
sklar
Serf

Post by sklar »

"yeah but where is the thorium converter?"
I would say, "This ship isn't powerd by Thorium, it uses a Warp Core. See this trans-neon-green part in the back, that's the Warp Core." [/quote]
Glencaer
Marquis d'Krakhed

Post by Glencaer »

Being an avid builder of both Space and Castle - I find each has their challenges and their ease.

For me, Castle buildings and whatnot are more straight forward to build - building my big tower was as easy as a floorplan and a general idea of the design.

For a good Spaceship however, it is much more difficult from conceptualization to completion - that is, if you want it to look good. Space is much more about aesthetics and design - and forcing lego into unnusual shapes.

overall, id say space is definately more difficult to pull off well, but castle is more satisfing to me.

-lenstu
===
"The sound of laughter is like
the vaulted dome of
a temple of happiness. "
~-Milan Kundera-~
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

Glencaer wrote:Being an avid builder of both Space and Castle - I find each has their challenges and their ease.

For me, Castle buildings and whatnot are more straight forward to build - building my big tower was as easy as a floorplan and a general idea of the design.

For a good Spaceship however, it is much more difficult from conceptualization to completion - that is, if you want it to look good. Space is much more about aesthetics and design - and forcing lego into unnusual shapes.

overall, id say space is definately more difficult to pull off well, but castle is more satisfing to me.

-lenstu

:) I know what you mean. Once I tried to make a spaceship and it ended up looking like a tuna fishing boat.
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

Same here. I once tried to make a space-ship and the wings were so small that they looked more like fins. So, it became a submarine! :D