Western vignette

Discussion of general LEGO topics
TheBohrok
Artisan

Western vignette

Post by TheBohrok »

I've seen the vignettes that others have made and am amazed at what they can do; so I thought I would try it and see what I could do. Click on the thumbnail for more pictures:

I had the idea to make this for a while. I know, the skull looks more like a triceratops than an ox.
Any criticism is welcome.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Hey, I like it! :) It's simple, but captures the feeling of the Wild West! I agree the skull doen't look right...perhaps a brick built one would be better. The cactus is neat, I with I had some 1x1 round bricks to make it! Congrats on fitting it on a 6x6 base plate, I haven't been able to come up with a small enough design for a 6x6 vignette yet!

Hope to see more soon! :D
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

I thought the chamfron/skull was great - I'm more inclined to not suspend disbelief on the parrot-as-vulture. But then, I have 50 of the darn things squawking outside my window (Amazons, and they are Really Loud). None choose to perch on the cacti in my front yard. :D

Anyway, love the vignette!
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
Duke_Dave
Reeve

Post by Duke_Dave »

Looks cool. I really like the cactus :wink: And the skull I thought looked OK. Overall great job!

Dave
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Love this vignette. It REALLY captures the classic western look.

The cactus is great, I don't think the skull is that bad. Makes me think of all those old bison skulls littering the Great Plains (although this is more desert setting than a Plains setting, I suppose)...

Still, the feeling's still there. Great job!
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Great Vignette. It's very simple but still is able to show the true feeling of the Wild West. I actually like the use of that horse thingy(For lack of a better name. Or I just don't know what the name is :P ) for the skull. Great Vignette one of the best I have seen.
Space rocks.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

forester3291 wrote:I actually like the use of that horse thingy(For lack of a better name. Or I just don't know what the name is :P )
I think it is called a horse helmet. :wink:

And in fact, the use of it as a skull is begining to grow on me...
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Cool vignette! I like it a lot. It really gives a western feel to it. The cactus is good, yet simple design. The skull is awesome man! Great idea.

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.