LEGO Bionicle

Discussion of general LEGO topics
Toa Tilius
Villein

LEGO Bionicle

Post by Toa Tilius »

Okay, a few people here like Bionicle, so here's a topic for (almost) all things Bionicle.

Here's my collection:

Bohrok Kal
Bohrok
Toa
Toa Nuva
Rahkshi (Not Lehrahk)
Muaka & Kane-Ra
Nui-Rama
Nui-Jaga
Bahrag
Makuta
Jaller & Gukko
Takua & Pewku
Takanuva & Ussanui
03 Matoran
Turaga
Toa Metru
Vahki Nuurahk
Vahki Rorzahk
Turaga Dume and Nivawk
Nidhiki
Krekka
Ahkmou
Nuhrii
Ehyre
Tehutti
(On Order) Toa Lhikan and Kikanalo.
jon_p
Artisan

Post by jon_p »

Without trying to make this off-topic.
I have never bought or owned a bionicle set, the main reason being that I spend most of my money on other lego.

But looking at that list I am glad I don't collect them, how do you manage to remember all those names AND spell them all?? :P

Jon.
"We dine well here in Camelot, we eat ham and jam and spam alot!"

My Brickshelf gallery - http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=85183
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

That s pretty cool dude, but for the most part I have no idea about the names. I usually call them "the red one, the other red one, the brown bad guy, the big bad guy" etc. :lol:
so for the most part I have no idea which ones you have. :D

still - its nice to see you REALLY like them.
Sir Vincent
Steward

Post by Sir Vincent »

I have Gahli...I had a few others but they were taken apart...I want a Makuta...and a Toa Lhikan...and maybe all three dark hunters...
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

jon_p wrote: But looking at that list I am glad I don't collect them, how do you manage to remember all those names AND spell them all?
I suppose it's no more difficult than our ability to remember the name, number, and release date of most classic castle sets.

Anyway, I bought one Bionicle set a few years ago. Wal-Mart had one called Manas on triple clearance for $33. I bought one. Built it. Decided I didn't really care for it, and put the Motors, remotes, masks, and claw things on e-bay. I got $36 for it all. I later sold the tank treads and wheels on BrickLink for an additional $10.

So, basically, I made about $13, had fun building it, and got to keep a bunch of technic pins and studless beams for myself.

That's is the extent of my experience with Bionicle. However, I saw a picture of a new Bionicle thing with this mounted rider. I must admit that it looked really cool.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
spotfrog
Freeman

Post by spotfrog »

Here's my collection-

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/spotf ... ction1.jpg

Image changed to link by admin. Please see the image posting policy in the administrative forum. Thanks!

I now have Krekka, Dume/Nivawk, and Nidhiki (in that order) on the 4th shelf. :)
°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
Commander Redbeard
Bailiff

Post by Commander Redbeard »

I have a Gali and a Tahu as well as a red Bohrok and about 500 masks, Gold and Silver Masks, Rubbery mask things, discs, and those Aquatic Worns that come in a tube. I don't care really about the masks 'n stuff, it's really the wondering what you'll get that's fun.
Sitting in a midnight glade
Firelight dancing off burnished blade
A Forestman sits
Wondering about the next day
But after three mugs of ale
Let it bring what it may.
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Well I don't mind Bionicles. Its great to know that Lego can make its own theme. And Bionicle is very inventive.

I was very into Bionicle last year. I stopped about the time that Metru Nui started. I know just about everthing up to then. So I am an old Bionicle fan. I have a fair amout of Bionicle, but I won't bother to say anything except that I have no Metru Nui stuff.

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Unknown Knight
Laborer

Post by Unknown Knight »

I think Bonicle is somewhat cool. The creature that comes with the newest toa metru with the golden mask looks like it could make a good monster for my knights to fight. :)

I have all of the older bioncle stuff except for the matoran and blue, black, white turagas and I have toa metru Matua and the new green matoran dude.
the Unknown Knight
----------
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Whilst I don't have quite as many as Toa Tilius, I'm still proud of my collection:

All Toa Olda
All Toa Nuva
All Rahkshi
All Bohrok
All Turaga
All Toa Metru
Nui Rama
Nui Jaga
4 Bohrok Kal
5 Matoran
5 Metruan (couldn't get that pesky Vhisola...)
3 Vahki (don't really care for them)
Makuta
Takanuva
Pewku
Gukko
4 McToran

I probably have some more lurking about in the house, but that's all I can remember right now.
Toa Tilius
Villein

Post by Toa Tilius »

jon_p: When you're a big fan, you just can't forget them. Just like people on here, calling sets by their numbers. I have to look it up somewhere! But i can't remember the Vahki's names without hesitation.
Sir Vincent: Three dark hunters? Oh, I see, Nivawk and Dume aren't DH's. Nidhiki and Krekka are, Dume "hired them" to do his bidding. Nuvawk is a spy, so Dume knows what the Toa Metru are doing.
Man Of Iron: I thought I'd prefer Krekka, but I prefered Nidhiki when I bought the Ultimate Dume set. (It has Nidhiki, Krekka and Dume/Nivawk. They combine into Ultimate Dume (Makuta with wings (in the movie)) ) Lot of brackets there...
rouge27: Thats Toa Lhikan and Kikanalo. Mines on the way, can't wait!
spotfrog: Quite a collection, you have Tarakava!! :o Also, Muaka and Kane-Ra are cool, aren't they? (Left of top shelf, for people who don't know....)
Redbeard: Worms? What to they look like?
Robin Hood: I thought i would stop at the start of Metru Nui, then I saw the Dark Hunters, and i was pulled right back in.
SKM: I agree about the Metruan, I can't find Vhisola or Orkahm. Also I agree about the Vahki, they are way too similar, the Borhrok weren't too similar, and they were cool, and cheap. The Vahki are just like dumbed down Rahkshi. Still quite good though, it's a Bionicle set after all.

Loooooong post there.... :oops:
porschecm2
Councilor

Post by porschecm2 »

I own of the original Toas the white, blue, green, and brown ones. I actually bought them for full price, because back then the Bionicle line was still interesting, and not entirely repetitive. I also own the Cahdok/Gahdok set(yes, I had to go look up the name), cause it was on clearance for $11, and I can always use the technic parts. It's actually still built, though, because I haven't needed the parts yet. I also own the white new Toa, and a couple of the little villager dudes(white, green, and black, I think). Also, I picked up 2 white Rahkshi and a brown one when they were on clearance recently for $1.50 each. And I own a bunch of the original mask packs. Alot of them were on clearance for like 25 cents each. And that is my Bionicle collection. I must admit, the Rahkshi are really kinda kool. I think I like them better than anything else in the Bionicle line. But overall, I wouldn't consider myself a Bionicle fan, since even the Rahkshi I bought with the intent of parting them out.

Cm2
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

I own a little less than half of the Mata Nui-an Bionicles. This was back in the days when I played Lego more than I built with it.

I just don't like the Metru Nui stuff, and since I shifted a lot more to building in the past year, I haven't gotten any more since.
xxbattosaixx
Foot Soldier

Post by xxbattosaixx »

*Takes deep breath*Here we go...
MC Onepu,MC Maku,MC Jala,2 MC Matoro,Turaga Vakama,Turaga Matau,Turaga Nakama,Turaga Nuju,Turaga Whenua,Turaga Onewa,Tahnok Va,Nuhvok Va,Gahlok Va,Lehvak Va,Kohrak Va,Pahrak Va,Takutanuva Pack,Pohatu,Onua,Gali,Lewa,Kopaka,Tahu,Muaka&kane-Ra,Manas,Powerpack,Nui-Jaga,Tarakava, 2 Boxor,Exo-Toa,Cahdok & Gahdok,Pohatu Nuva,Onua Nuva,Gali Nuva,Lewa Nuva,Kopaka Nuva,Tahu Nuva,Tahnok-Kal,Nuhvok-Kal,Gahlok-Kal,Lehvak-Kal,Kohrak-Kal,Pahrak-Kal,Matoro,Hewkii,Hafu,Panrahk,Kurahk,Lerahk,Guurahk,Vorahk,Turahk,Jaller & Gukko,Takua & Pewku,Toa Metru Vakama,Toa Metru Nuju,Nuhrii,Vhisola,Tehutti,Ahkmou,Orkahm,Ehrye,Nuurahk,Zadahk,Rorzahk,Keerahk,Ultimate Dume Pack,Master Accessory Kit,Master Builder set.*Huff...Puff...*
*Faints*
Oh,and promos:
Shadow Kraata Lv:1(x3),2(x1),3(x10),4(x2)
Poisoned Hau Nuva
Ultimate Dume Mask
Takutanuva mask(Movie edition Kraahkan)
Chrome Hau
And a Trans-Neon-Green-Miru soon.
*Resumes faint*
- Tom