Discussion Of Henry

Discussion of general LEGO topics
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Mr. D wrote:I really don't think you guys should "cheat". It takes the meaning out of the project.

Mr. D
Okay, image removed.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium

Post by Bruce N H »

On "cheating": I think we should avoid it as much as possible, because much of the fun is getting him in the mail and sending him on to the next participant and imagining this little knight errant running all over the globe. As discussed, we might have two figs, which would help make sure we get figs to places like Brickfest.
However, some forum members might not be able to participate--I'm thinking specifically of minors whose parents don't want them sending their home addresses to strangers (think of it from a cautious parent's perspective), or simply the minor doesn't have the funds to ship Henry across the world. In those cases, we could have Henry's cousins send Henry postcards, telling him about their hometowns (both MOC and real-life).

On turn-around time, people should probably not hold on to Henry for too long (say much more than a week). If we assume a few days shipping (more for international), with the 15 people currently on the list, that would still be like 8 months before the fifteenth person gets him. Cut that in half if he has a twin Harry, but assuming more people join the list it will still be a long delay, which might lead to diminished enthusiasm. Also, I, and I'm sure others, would want to get Henry more than once (or both Henry and Harry), because as the months go by there are new MOCs to visit.

Bruce

Bruce
Sir_Marcellus
Laborer

Post by Sir_Marcellus »

I'll take him after whoever's last on the list so far! A knight seeing Pike's Peak may be a first . . . .
Kyrie eleison
Christe eleison
Kyrie eleison
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

Sir_Marcellus wrote:I'll take him after whoever's last on the list so far! A knight seeing Pike's Peak may be a first . . . .
so add your name to the list. cut and paste or beg an admin to do it for you .. :wink: :D
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

I don't know if my parents will let henry stay for a night or two. =P

LR
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Can I get moved down on the list, I lost my job today and the option of sending Henry on to Israel from Canada is a luxury I may not be able to afford for awhile. No offense Yaron, at a better time than today I would have been happy to send Henry on to you.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

I'm sorry to hear about that Will. Good luck finding a new job.

DM
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Dragon Master wrote:I'm sorry to hear about that Will. Good luck finding a new job.

DM
Ditto. :( :(
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

Hope everything comes out alright Wlister.

Has Jojo mailed Henry off yet?
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like heck"

KP 2011!
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Thanks Ben,

Illinois is only 1.45 CDN to ship to so that should be no problem. Thanks for switching me. I am hoping to find a job soon, it may not pay as well, but I am sure it is out there.

Thanks for the shows of concern everyone, it is surprising how that can lighten your day.

Will
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

Hi, Will; just want to tell you that I hope and pray that you'll find another job quickly.

Mr. D
Webrain
Journeyman

Post by Webrain »

Hi Will, I'm very sorry to hear you lost your job and hope you'll find another one soon. I'm glad that Ben could tried with you the places cause I wouldn't want you to miss your spot of Henry, and I quite understand about what you said.
Jennifer
Queen Jenn the Hottie

Henry's trip heard round the world

Post by Jennifer »

Ok, first off, Will and Jedipawn... So sorry on your bad news..... Think of how clean your houses can be though! ;)

Next - I have an idea. Well, I want to reiterate something we discussed in Chat, and to possibly add on to it.

We were saying how nice it would be for a few sheets of paper to travel with Henry as a travelogue... to let us know what he has done - in writing, for Freak to keep. Everyone can add on to it as they take Henry on outings. I had mentioned also that it would be nice for everyone to include a picture postcard of their hometown in the package. I do not think these things would add up to much weight.

This is my next idea:

How about we all send along our own Sigfigs?
I do not think this would add too greatly to the overall weight / price of the package either. And then Freak would end up with Sigfigs of all who have participated. I think that by the looks of things, we could still just be talking about the large size bubble mailer envelope. And how much does a minifig actually weigh, you know? * OR * as an alternate idea, we could all just send the Sigfigs separately to Freak, instead of mailing them along with Henry. Although, I think we would have better all around participation if we stuck them in Henry's package as well.

What are your thoughts? :D
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

Give up my precious me-in-LEGO? NO!!!!! I'm not going to be receiving Henry, though; so never mind what I think I think that the travelogue and post-cards are a good idea, though.

Mr. D
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Thanks for all the support guys,

I managed to stay employed with my company, but on a temporary really part-time basis. So even though I am not officially unemployed, I am not working enough for any fun stuff. :( Thanks for your support and I will keep you guys posted if I mange to find a better job.

Good luck with the job hunt Jedipawn. It is hard finding oneself suddenly unemployed or underemployed. I wish you all the best finding a job that can support your Lego habit...

Back on topic, I think a journal is a great idea as are postcards, but I don't think I could give up my sig fig for such a long period of time. Its a neat idea, but some of my custom pieces would not ship well.

Will