Any interesting story

Discussion of general LEGO topics
lil Jon
Merchant

Any interesting story

Post by lil Jon »

Well, I am posting this because something bad has happened. My mom is a school teacher and she took one of my MOC's to school the other day. This one... http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=108403 . I kept reminding her to bring it back.

Well, today she came home and she said that she thinks one of her students stole it. I was really dissappointed, but then she brought in this other box. When I opened it, it was full of brown horses and those boats from the pirate theme.

Now I'm so confused. I don't know if I'm still sad about losing my MOC or am I so excited that I now have like 5 brown horses. Sorry to make such a weird post, just no one in my non-interent world would be able to relate.
It's a Christmas Miracle!
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

I lost a couple of figs in one of my sister's school projects way back in the day. A few years later, a friend of mine lost several Wild West figures that were used in an Alamo diorama. Needless to say, never again did my LEGO enter Medina City School grounds.
Anyway, obviously the pirates are semi rare, but the value of the horses makes up for them, in my opinion. The plates and chest are very much replacable. I don't think you made out too badly.

Edit: I just noticed that the pirate torsos are stickers, so I think you definitely profited.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
medib
Bailiff

Post by medib »

That sucks. I think that is completely inconsiderate whoever did the act.
Shame! Shame!

I don't think it was a "fair trade" but at least the horses were a slight
consolation.

:cry:

At least you'll know better next time your mother wants to bring in your
MOCs for display.

Ben M
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Personally, I would have GLADLY traded that vignette for those brown horses!

However, it makes me mad that someone would go out and steal LEGO! :evil:
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Rubberchickenknight
Squire

Post by Rubberchickenknight »

i wouldn't like that "trade" because i already have lots of brown horses and there were lots of tan pieces which i don't have in that vignette and a blue hat
"When you are wrestling for possession of a sword, the man with the handle always wins." - Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash
spotfrog
Freeman

Post by spotfrog »

But where did the horses and boats come from? :|
°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

too bad... this was a cool little MOC

but at least it was a little one :wink:

I'm a little suprised over it all, but I think your mom is pretty cool - she kinda hooked you up, seems like you came out ahead in the trade.
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

That's wierd yet dishearening too. Why would someone steal LEGO? Unless they wanted to play with it. But that's stil wrong.

Though considering that the torsos were stickers you MAY have gotten a better deal.

And WHERE did the box of Horses come from?
Space rocks.
Scnicker
Landlord

Post by Scnicker »

I also think that you got a better deal :)
Horses are way better than stickered pirates, but still, stealing Lego is terrible.
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

I remember in school when we had to make a model castle, and everyone made them out of cardboard and stuff, but instead me and my friends made ours out of Lego! And everyone was saying that we bought it from a shop and it was all made in the box for us...*sigh* We took the model home after a couple of weeks, and I found that one of my skeletons that we had used for a Pirates-of-the-Caribbean-style warning on the model was missing, which I was really unhappy about, as I only had two skeletons at the time. That was until my history teacher found it in a cupboard. :shock: Needless to say, I was happy to get it back. (now I have about a dozen!)

BTW, I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your MOC. Dumb students...
spotfrog
Freeman

Post by spotfrog »

I use Lego for pretty much everything that has to be constructed for a a school project. My friend and I recently had an assignment where you describe and build a city you made up. Our's was a small castle town (called Classic Castle City, in honor). We included ourselves and several teachers as inhabitants of the castle. You'll all get pictures soon. :)
°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
Troy
King Mnementh the Bronze
King Mnementh the Bronze

Post by Troy »

Having been involved in several large train displays, something always disappears. It is unfortunate, but it happens. All that you can do is not place highly valuable pieces where people can get their hands on them.

Even with a bunch of people watching the display, you can't always see everything. Although we do sometimes catch people.

Troy
Visit Troy's Surplus LEGO
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=mnementh
Master Blobicus
Apprentice

Post by Master Blobicus »

Dude I lost 20 of my instructions so I don't relly know what I have anymore other than the stuff i'm trading so I can relate I mean losing thins sucks. But at least you got somthing out of it.

Sorry man.
could you tell me before you go back in time, I was talking to a robe on the coat rack for 20 minuets before I releized you left!