A lego buying break.....

Discussion of general LEGO topics
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

David85 wrote:
Umgarla wrote:Man, what do I do then? There's kinda no walmart nor sears in Denmark... Anyone who has some ideas on how to find good lego deals? :?

Then just go to the stores that are like them, a store that has everything for new reason.

But you live in Europe, you pretty much get screwed on prices no matter what.

It probably be cheaper for you to save your mom, take a trip to America, buy all your Legos here, and go home. :)

Actaully it probably wouldn't be cheaper. Let's see. Plane tickets = $800 if not more. Plus a place to stay, a way of transportation= about $400 more dollars. Therefore he would be better of using Bricklink and ebay.

PS. David: If you were just joking so was I. :wink:
Space rocks.
mediamaster
Peasant

Post by mediamaster »

Depending on where he went. He could stay with one of us instead of crashing at a hotel. OR he could crash at a motel 8 or something. And maybe he has family in the airplane industry that can get him cheap tickets. I can get tickets for almost free. All I have to do is pay sales taxes when going places that Sun Country fly.
Courage is going in knowing your licked, but seeing it through to the end.
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

mediamaster wrote:Depending on where he went. He could stay with one of us instead of crashing at a hotel. OR he could crash at a motel 8 or something. And maybe he has family in the airplane industry that can get him cheap tickets. I can get tickets for almost free. All I have to do is pay sales taxes when going places that Sun Country fly.
Okay. Considering he doens';t have any friends or family in the airplane industry it would cost him some $$$ for the plane tickets. Then considering he would stay with one of the members here at C-C ( which is unlikey) he would still need some transportaion. I don;t think people here at C-C would give up a day at work just to take Umgarla to Wal-Mart, Sears, and Toy-R-Us. But even if he did get free tickets, free tranportaion, and free lodging there is him getting permission form his parents, or if he's living away form home and is old enough to take care of hihself there is him taking off work. So yea, it would be cheaper to do ebay and bricklink. SInce he lives in Denmark there are some very good Bricklink stores located in that country.
Space rocks.