Rounded Shields in new design

Discussion of general LEGO topics
porschecm2
Councilor

Rounded Shields in new design

Post by porschecm2 »

*spoilers for Star Wars Episode III*

The new Star Wars Episode III 7261 Clone Turbo Tank includes I believe 4 of the rounded shields, in a nice grey design.

I hope this is appropriate here. I assume it is since the firestation thread was here.

Cm2
J1A3L5
Steward

Post by J1A3L5 »

You might want to be more specific about their location and what they are, I thought you were referring to the rarer round shields, not the oval shields. I assume you mean the ones on the speeder bike type thing?

I'm not sure...they look like they have a fairly detailed pattern on them. Though I can't say if that's a usable (for castle) type pattern, or if it's 'technical' and spacey.

Time will tell, thanks for posting this!

-John "J1A3L5" Langrish.
Commander Redbeard
Bailiff

Post by Commander Redbeard »

They're OK, but I doubt I'd buy this set just for those. Is that new grey?
Sitting in a midnight glade
Firelight dancing off burnished blade
A Forestman sits
Wondering about the next day
But after three mugs of ale
Let it bring what it may.
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

Commander Redbeard wrote:Is that new grey?
There's nothing to support the hope or even to allow any hope at all that anything new that TLC produces will be old grey ever again. Still they are in the process of getting rid of their remaining stock of old grey. However, they do not include such parts in new sets but sell them loose in Brand stores, Pick-A-Brick and parts-tubs.
As soon as this rest-stock is sold out the days of old grey are over.

Bye
Jojo

This is just the sort of nonsense up with which I will not put.
Winston Churchill
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

I hope this is appropriate here. I assume it is since the firestation thread was here.
The firestation thread should have been moved to General. While the ovoid shields can be used for castle mocs, they arent in a castle set (so this thread belongs in General).

You should also post where the new SW set images came from to make sure they arent leaks.

It is nice to have a new shield design although it is in a large SW set. Ill have to wait for bricklink to get them ;)

Ben E.
CC Sets Admin
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Well, it's definately good news that the shields are coming back. Unless I'm mistaken, these are the round Viking-style shields, correct?
porschecm2
Councilor

Post by porschecm2 »

Sorry about posting in the wrong place.

SKM: no, last night when I posted this, I couldn't think of the word "oval" so I said "rounded." I would be alot more excited if these were the classic round shields. These are the oval ones like the figure in my avatar is holding. <--

Jail: ya, I'm not sure about the design yet. I'll probably use em, assuming I ever get the set. It should make the stickering community happy though.

Cm2
Sir Drake
Archer

Post by Sir Drake »

First, I tought you wanted to say that the classic round shields are back...I didn't found it. Then, I thought you were refering to those viking shields SKM was talking about.(those were pretty easy to find). At last I found the real shields you were talking about. It are the ones on the scooter aren't it? :roll:

Sir Drake wrote this. :twisted:
spotfrog
Freeman

Post by spotfrog »

So THAT's what the pieces were. I feel stupid for not making the connection. As far as the design goes, I like it, and I think they're going to be useful for space minifigs (mostly aliens).
°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

one of the things I am very interested about this set is that it is in one of those "complete guide to.." books, on spaceships and vehicles of starwars. I think it was in a couple of the books, but I have never seen it in a movie.
I like the fact it has a Mace Windu in there, but I dont think I am going to be all that crazy about a glow in the dark speeder bike dude...

um - and the shields would be cool for a techno knight or something.. :D
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

SKM: no, last night when I posted this, I couldn't think of the word "oval" so I said "rounded." I would be alot more excited if these were the classic round shields. These are the oval ones like the figure in my avatar is holding. <--
Oh. Still, I suppose the parts will be useful.