Dust control

Discussion of general LEGO topics
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

I'm well-acquainted with dusty Lego. For years I kept my sets in more or less their original forms, and that means dust. Also, I currently live within half a kilometre of a peat-moss packing plant. So, I try not to leave the window open. Still, I periodically have to scrub the prominent black, blue, and green pieces in my creations, so as to restore them to their original colour. I typically use lukewarm water and an old toothbrush. I generally don't worry about the bulk of my castle creations: grey. Dust doesn't really affect its colour, and it kind of adds to the feel. Makes it look sort of dirty and sandy. :P
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Dust? What duu duu duuuuuusttt! Ha Ha. I never worry about dust. I don't think I will ever have a moc together long enough to worry about it. I did once (in a brief moment of insanity) wash a couple sets in water, but snoorreee, it was to boring and not worth the effort.
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Robin Hood wrote:Dust? What duu duu duuuuuusttt! Ha Ha. I never worry about dust. I don't think I will ever have a moc together long enough to worry about it. I did once (in a brief moment of insanity) wash a couple sets in water, but snoorreee, it was to boring and not worth the effort.
In your case, no. In some others, the tops of their never-taken-apart castles ought to be black. Not grey. :D
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

My big castle has been around in part going back to 1988. It was so dirty when I got The Lego Room (see the dark age thread) I hosed it off on my driveway. I've given smaller MOCs showers to kill off pesky dust bunnies. :wink:
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens