lego factories

Discussion of general LEGO topics
timber_wolf899
Merchant

lego factories

Post by timber_wolf899 »

Does anyone know where lego bricks are made/booklets printed?

i ask because, as i was checking out my first vorgans tin today i was really starting to warm up to MB. not as a lego substitute but a suplament.......THEN i read "printed in china" and was severly tempted to toss them into my fireplace!
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Hi Timber wolf,

Bricks are molded in Denmark, instructions are printed in Germany, and boxes and bags assembled in various places (Enfield Connecticut in the US)

Ben E.
Sets Admin
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

hence the higher price and quality.

that is enough for me to stay loyal......it would be a terrible shame for a toy company to take advantage of third world labor....exploit lower standards of living.........etc etc etc but i digress
thanks again

i wonder if lego has any use for an applied math major/comp sci dabbler/amateur writer : )
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Not to be preachy, but by boycotting products produced in China, you don't harm the Chinese government or factory owners, you harm the people who depend on factory work to survive.

Its fine and dandy to feel all superior living here in the west, but we have to remember that many financial protests aimed at nations such as China do not hurt the elite, they hurt the common worker. China has not historically reacted well to pressures from the west anyway.

Some of the largest gains for freedom in China have come from their leaders discovering the benefits of a consumer driven economy.

Many companies that outsource to China actually improve the quality of life for the people who work in those factories.

Its not like western factories treat all their employees fairly either. Sorry to be preachy, but I know people from China and they wouldn't dream of boycotting products made or printed there and that is not out of loyalty to the Chinese government believe me.

Back to sorting Lego I go... sorry for th political rant.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

Will i dont quite getyour logic.

By supporting factories in china you pump money into the chinese economy. A stronger economy means more tax income for the government which means a more powerful government.

No sir we have seen the way to bring communism to its knees. The old USSR fell not because of economic investment but because of economic collaps. It is impossible to rule with an iron fist if you cannot afford to buy weapons or pay soldiers.

Did russia have horrible economic problems, do they still. Yes but they are free and it is better to be a poor free man than a fat and happy slave, no.

So i will do everything in my power to pull money away from china, and God willing someday that government will be consigned to the dustbin of history as well.

ok there now who was preachy? lol

ok i shale try to get back on topic now.