Who would you like to meet?

Discussion of general LEGO topics
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Mani wrote:Never meeted (was that correct English?) much Legofans.
That would be "I never met many LEGO fans." :)

Don't worry, I'm horrible at grammer too. :wink:
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

...to complete my previous message.

-in alphabetical order-
Architech, Dan_BL, Jojo, Legofreak and Stephen

But I know there is many interesing people, because we share the same passion: "Lego Castle" :D
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Post by Troy T. Moore »

Well, I don't want to leave anyone out....

Realisticaly it would be possible to meet Barbapple (Around 2hrs away) and WLister (still remember seeing his post about 1400 minifigs :shock: ) and Old_republic (these last 2 are both in Calgary (I think) which is about 8hrs away)

Still remember when DM first showed up on the scene; looottttss of hostility towards the makers of our favourite building toy, he would verbalize what the rest of us would only think :wink:

All in all it is a very hospitable atmosphere. Much thanks to the admins for all their work.
Troy T. Moore
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

hey mani WELCOME!

i think we should organize a castle party. you know like a LAN party or MUD party for those of you who are familear..

it should be held in the summer of 05 <to give time to prepair> and should be in ireland<(because) well.......irish women.....!!!!!>

er well!

<top of my meeting list, architect and LF> with everyone else on the list as well! CASTLEHEADS
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Troy T. Moore wrote: Still remember when DM first showed up on the scene; looottttss of hostility towards the makers of our favourite building toy, he would verbalize what the rest of us would only think :wink:
I try :wink:

DM
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Hey Troy,

You are correct both Old_Republic and myself live in Calgary. Our Lug has another castle-head, but he is not a web geek. The NALUG guys in Edmonton have castle-heads as well, but I don't know if any of them post here.

As to 1400 figs, it is now somewhere between 1500-1600 now. I bought a few BFF's and bricklinked a few more figs for my smaller factions. I am done buying figs for a long while now, my next few purchases will be brick only. I have all the windows, doors and roof brick I need, now I have a few months to accumulate brick before Harry Potter sets hit.

I would like to meet a good many of the guys here, perhaps the next Brickfest in Portland will be my chance. A few of us have decided to go. Not this year though. :cry:

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Duchessa
Serf

Post by Duchessa »

Could I please meet all of you? :D

I would love to go back to San Francisco (been there once), maybe this forum has a very nice member from SF?

I have resons to visit Quebec as well. And speaking of CC members, I've noticed that David Girard lives there. I might say hi to you, David, the day I visit there, if you promise not to buy me poutine :lol:
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Duchessa wrote:Could I please meet all of you? :D

I would love to go back to San Francisco (been there once), maybe this forum has a very nice member from SF? :
Kinda. I live in Eureka, CA, about six hours north of SF near the Oregon border.

...but right now I'm in Minnesota! :D
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
LEGO_KNIGHT
Artisan

Post by LEGO_KNIGHT »

I would like to meet Anthony J. Sava. I find his stories interesting. :)
sith35
Freeman

Post by sith35 »

The two guys I would like to meet the most are Armorman aka Bill Perry, and Blasterman aka Jeff Byrd. Since talking with tham as often as I can I really would like to meet them in person and take a look at where they get all thier work done.
If it doesn't fit FORCE IT! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyways.
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote: Kinda. I live in Eureka, CA, about six hours north of SF near the Oregon border.

...but right now I'm in Minnesota! :D
dude - orignally i am from dunsmuir/mt shasta area! hehe - now i live in the central valley.
what a small world.
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

Duchessa wrote
I have resons to visit Quebec as well. And speaking of CC members, I've noticed that David Girard lives there. I might say hi to you, David, the day I visit there, if you promise not to buy me poutine
:lol:

You don't like poutine :( I'll survive. But if you want to visit Quebec, I'll be happy to be your tourist guide. I don't have a lot chance to travel for the moment, but I'd like to one day. :wink:
Linus
Freeman

Post by Linus »

I would like to meet everyone here. Too bad it probably won't happen...
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

Since I hear my name... Yeah, I'd like to meet you, too. Alas! The pond...
However, I know Stuifzand, Coyote and Neverroads in person. 3 out of 185... that's 5.55%. Not too bad :)

Bye
Jojo

Teh Stud
Bailiff

Post by Teh Stud »

I'd like to meet the Forestmen. They seem like a rowdy crowd. Maybe we could drink some mead and raid King Leo's supply wagons.

:P