R U Canadian...eh!?

Discussion of general LEGO topics
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

http://www.odci.gov/cia/publications/fa ... nt/ca.html
chief of state: Queen ELIZABETH II (since 6 February 1952)
Well....

DM
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

:evil: It's a shame to hear how americans consider us. Shame !

footsteps wrote
The 51st state will never happen. Politically impossible. Not because Canadians wouldn't want it, but the Americans wouldn't.
I'm agree that it will never happen. But your wrong. It's not for the reason you said. Not much Canadian think it could be a good idea. In Quebec it's totally out of question. Quebec will become a country of it's own if Canadian want to join United States. And your wrong too when you said that Americans are not interested in Canada.

United States is far more interested in Canadian ressources than they say. Just remember their political decision concerning canadian wood.

I would like to expect much frienship between nation, but It's seem impossible. :( Don't consider Canadians as stupid please.

Canadian has realised and invented many things that they should be proud of. And we are well accepted anywhere in the world, because of our good international politics. There is a lot difference between French and English, but we realised many things together. Canada is in the top countries for Quality of Life.

Open your mind, that's the best way to have good relation with others. :wink:
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Post by footsteps »

David Girard wrote:footsteps wrote
The 51st state will never happen. Politically impossible. Not because Canadians wouldn't want it, but the Americans wouldn't.
I'm agree that it will never happen. But your wrong. It's not for the reason you said. Not much Canadian think it could be a good idea. In Quebec it's totally out of question. Quebec will become a country of it's own if Canadian want to join United States. And your wrong too when you said that Americans are not interested in Canada.
Bonjour David,
I think you and I agree more than first appears. I too am convinced that most, if not all, Canadians would not want to join our neighbours. But I was just pointing out that they wouldn't want us either. Nothing about a personal dislike of us. We would simply "upset the apple cart" politically speaking, skewing the right/left divide too much in one direction.
United States is far more interested in Canadian ressources than they say. Just remember their political decision concerning canadian wood.
Agreed. Let's face it, we all want everyone else's resources, that's why we trade. :wink:
I would like to expect much frienship between nation, but It's seem impossible. :(
Oh, we're just going through a rough patch together. Happened before. It'll happen again. <shrug>
Don't consider Canadians as stupid please.
Canadian has realised and invented many things that they should be proud of. And we are well accepted anywhere in the world, because of our good international politics. There is a lot difference between French and English, but we realised many things together. Canada is in the top countries for Quality of Life.

Open your mind, that's the best way to have good relation with others. :wink:
Our 'problem' is that we are so self-deprecating. Think of it: would shows like "This Hour Has 22 Minutes" or "The Royal Canadian Airfarce" ever have a chance of succeeding south of the border (assuming that you Americanized the political content)? Just wouldn't happen. We're too iconoclastic. And I kinda like it that way.

So we don't get as much credit as we are due. Oh well. Let's turn on HNIC, razz Cherry, and enjoy the game. (as long as the Canucks win) :D

Alan

PS And to keep this thread "on" Lego: if our countries did merge, perhaps the cost of our hobby would go down. :wink: Now there's a thought.
I'm a human BEING, not a human doing!
The two most important days of your life are the day you are born
and the day you discover why. (Donald Sensing)
One plus one equals three... for large values of one. (Bruce Fournier)
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

Our 'problem' is that we are so self-deprecating. Think of it: would shows like "This Hour Has 22 Minutes" or "The Royal Canadian Airfarce" ever have a chance of succeeding south of the border (assuming that you Americanized the political content)? Just wouldn't happen. We're too iconoclastic. And I kinda like it that way.
I think this kind of humor indicate a sign of maturity, not a sign of depreciation. We are able to laugh about ourselve. It's indicate we are able to know what are our good and bad shots. UK peoples have te same kind of humor by the way.

And I don't know "This Hour Has 22 Minutes", but I know about "The Royal Canadian Airfarce"(I'm French speaker) That's a very good show. :D