Which do you like less? Jellybean Knights or Skin Tones?

Discussion of general LEGO topics

Which do you like least?

Jellybean Knights
29%
"Realistic" Skin Tones
71%

Total votes: 21

Devari
Journeyman

Which do you like less? Jellybean Knights or Skin Tones?

Post by Devari »

So... With apologies to those who really like one or both, which do your prefer less? Will it affect your purchasing of the sets it comes in?
Linus
Freeman

Post by Linus »

At least the Jellybean Knights are yellow...
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Post by Troy T. Moore »

I was planning on buying multiples of the small KK set, if the purple armour looked too bad, I was going to get some nice dk grey spray paint, and "viola" beautiful european armour :D This will still happen if the set is not the one posted on the front page, but rather similar to the earlier images we have seen.

The skin tones just "clash" with all my yellow. At least with the old harry head with glasses you could spin it around, make a regular smiley with a sharpie marker and slap a helm on, one soldier good to go. Will only buy HP on deep discount.
Troy T. Moore
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

I'd rather a yellow-skined, barbie-blue, knight. Then a Pale Guy in a sweater.

Its a great dilema. Harry's got the houses, castle has the fortifications and star wars has the peasants.

We gotta from all three seems to get decent castles/villages. Unlike in the golden age when the sets had all 3 factors.

What a shame. Its like pokemon, "gotta catch them all" but now its gotta buy them all. And unfortunatly money doesn't grow on trees.

DM
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

I voted for the power rangers =P

LR
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Ditto,

I have lots of heads I can use so the skin color is kind of a non-issue. Parts-wise the HP sets look better besides I can always use the off colored heads for zombies or some other faery race. Light Blue and Purple armor is way more work to make useful and my painting skills are pretty dismal. The two smaller KKII sets look like they may be all right, but aside from them I am more likely to buy multiples of the HP sets.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Jedipawn
Artisan

Post by Jedipawn »

I had to vote for the KK figs. It is much easier to replace the heads and hands, then the armor. Also it would appear as if the piece sellection in HP is better then KK. IMO the HP sets are still the way to go.

Jedipawn
Long, long ago. In a galaxy far, far away... THERE WERE CASTLES!!!!!
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

I'd go for the knights over the new HP. Weapons, parts, and etc. I mostly use HP for the same purpose as well, but those skin tones really look odd. I have Bantu tribesmen (sub-saharan Africans) in my Ancients themes, but even I don't use the brown minifigs for them, not to mention the Numidian Medjay in my Egyptians.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
gcg
Villein

Post by gcg »

For someone like me, with relatively little lego, I would rather have red armor then no armor, but the pale heads and hands can't be used at all.