Memories...

Discussion of general LEGO topics

If you had $1,000 for LEGOs, what would you spend it on?

Poll ended at Mon May 31, 2004 12:50 am

Castle sets
57%
Pirate/Ship sets
3%
Trains
No votes
Random Pieces(grab-bags)
23%
Other
17%

Total votes: 30

Cecile Deninne
Gong Farmer

Memories...

Post by Cecile Deninne »

Here's a poll for a money-spending spree on LEGOS!!!
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

If I had 1,000 dollars of lego, I'd buy castle. I would sell the castle on bricklink. With the earnigs I would buy a monkey. A real, live monkey.

DM

I'm so lonely :cry:
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
J1A3L5
Steward

Post by J1A3L5 »

Personally, I'd go for just the pieces...so you can just get the pieces you need or want, and none you don't...en mass! :D
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

Now I would spend it on pieces. Till last year I used to spend my money mostly on sets.

Bye
Jojo

LEGO_KNIGHT
Artisan

Post by LEGO_KNIGHT »

Hi

I would spend it on castle sets. Just cant get enough of them. :)

Erwin

SICK DAYS:
We will no longer accept a doctor's statement as proof of sickness. If you are able to go to the doctor, you are able to come to work.
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

Dragon Master wrote:If I had 1,000 dollars of lego, I'd buy castle. I would sell the castle on bricklink. With the earnigs I would buy a monkey. A real, live monkey.

DM

I'm so lonely :cry:

OK first - DM - you owe me for a new keyboard because I read your post and fell off my chair and pulled it down on my head and the keyboard broke on my noggin, and the only way I am typing this is with the backup one that has an exra Q on it....

(ok j/k - you don't owe me a keyboard - it was my hard noggin that busted it.)

Second: Cecile Deninne - pieces... lots and lots of pieces, since Lego doesnt really seem to make the sets I want, I will have to do it the hard way.

LF
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Freak I'm sorry about the accident :lol: I'll send you a new Q if you need.

But good news, I put in an order for 3 lego monkeys on bricklink!

*Sings Mary-Tyler Moore song*

DM

To be more serious I would probably take the money and spend it on castle. The bricks would be nice, but then it would lack deatail.

DM
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Post by Troy T. Moore »

I voted other, for pieces I select :wink: A "random grab bag" would contain some pieces I do not need nopr like for sure :x You want my address to send me the thousand dollars?
Troy T. Moore
kaloo
Laborer

Post by kaloo »

I said castle.
I'd buy (runs and gets calculator) 20 BFFs, for 800 USD
six guarded inns, for 150 USD, 1 castle accessories bag, for 5 USD (think random armored barbarians) and spend the rest (45 USD) on baseplates. Nine of them. You cant forget baseplates, cause non of those sets have them. But this is only currently available sets I'm thinking of. Then I might keep 12 of the BFF's MISB so I can sell them for the money to get some HP3s and KK2s when they come out. Those would be the barbarians. And I have nearly 40 villagers already, thanks to Anthony's stickers

this is off topic. I heard people are printing Anthonys stickers one a page. Is this true?? It isn't necessary. Maybe I dont remeber correctly, but I think I heard that somewhere. PM me if you want if this isn't just some crazy thing stuck in my head...
Lollius has been placed by the side of the road so that all who pass may say 'hello Lollius' - Inscription on roman tomb
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

I also said castle, but to me the 2 x 4 baggies of light gray is a castle set. I would buy. 10 BFF's and 97 2 x 4 light gray brick bags from S@H. The rest would have to pay for shipping. Now that would make for a sweet castle. As long as the bricks were not new light gray. I wouldn't want all the extra parts I have looking yellow.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

Pieces, definitely! I'd go buy some of the really big Castle lots on Ebay.

mD