Very Cool!

Discussion of general LEGO topics
Sir_Marcellus
Laborer

Very Cool!

Post by Sir_Marcellus »

The other day, I was at Target buying some LEGO, and I saw a kid looking at MegaBloks, and I was disappointed. But then his mom said, "Oh, let's not get MegaBloks, they're not as cool as LEGO." I then made a point that MegaBloks were made of worse material, etc. Anyways maybe parents are still looking to LEGO?
Kyrie eleison
Christe eleison
Kyrie eleison
Cecile Deninne
Gong Farmer

Post by Cecile Deninne »

Awesome! I love LEGO:) Its so much fun to build, and then you can always start over and build something new...even with sets, you can build your own ideas:)
SirCumferance
Laborer

Post by SirCumferance »

Cecile Deninne wrote:Awesome! I love LEGO:) Its so much fun to build, and then you can always start over and build something new...even with sets, you can build your own ideas:)
Umm... I hate to say this but... DUH! I think that everybody here feels that way.

P.S.... This post was not made to be offensive, in case you took it that way.
I am the queen of France!

... Maker of Castle Crusade

Mail me! kullvox03222@yahoo.com
Cecile Deninne
Gong Farmer

Post by Cecile Deninne »

No offense taken, I guess it was kind of obvious::sheepishgrin::
Sir_Marcellus
Laborer

Post by Sir_Marcellus »

Let's try to stay on topic here . . . . :wink:
Kyrie eleison
Christe eleison
Kyrie eleison
J1A3L5
Steward

Post by J1A3L5 »

I've actually seen it often the other way round - Parents are thinking Megabloks are cheaper, but the kids think the lego is cooler. Both ways work, as long as it turns out with lego in the end. :D
kaloo
Laborer

Post by kaloo »

Sir Marcellus wrote:
The other day, I was at Target buying some LEGO, and I saw a kid looking at MegaBloks, and I was disappointed. But then his mom said, "Oh, let's not get MegaBloks, they're not as cool as LEGO." I then made a point that MegaBloks were made of worse material, etc. Anyways maybe parents are still looking to LEGO?
WOOHOO!!
Long live LEGO and a life sentence to the inventor of mega crap!!!!!!! Seriously I would award one unless he/she shut down the company and bribed other clone brands to do so. :wink: but of course civilized adults probably aren't that extreme :twisted: :twisted: (I'm egging you on to agree with me)
:twisted: :twisted:
Lollius has been placed by the side of the road so that all who pass may say 'hello Lollius' - Inscription on roman tomb
Sir Terrance
Councilor

I was always a true LEGO fan!

Post by Sir Terrance »

I had recieved my first LEGO set when I was 2 years old! Yes 2, I never put anything in my mouth so that's why I got a set so young. When I was 4, I would always buy LEGO, and I would complain how dumb Megablocks is copying LEGO like that!!! I had NEVER EVER bought a Megablocks set in my life, and never will!!!! I grew up to hate megablocks! :D
Check out my Brickshelf gallery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=thebrickbin
Dan_BL
Apprentice

Post by Dan_BL »

Perhaps some of you remember those "creepy crawlers" that came out in the stores for a time. Implied was this glue that was cooked into a small plastic oven.

It once happened that some of this glue stuff got on my MB dinosaur baseplate as well as my lego support for a mast on a pirate ship.

I never got around to cleaning the glue off (lego ignorance back then!), but after I'd say a month, the glue weakened the MB plate such that when I finally wiped it off, part of the plate had dissintegrated.

That was pretty much the last straw with MB-even though it was pretty much my fault.

Now, the best I can do with them is chuck them. The MB section at my local walmart is actually not quite as big as lego. And even around Christmas time, the lego section is much more vacant-whereas the MB section is still well stocked.