what color would you make a non-gray, non-black castle in?

Discussion of general LEGO topics

what color would you build a non-gray,non-black castle in?

pink
3%
tan
42%
sand red
6%
red
3%
yellow
3%
white
18%
brown
24%
other
No votes

Total votes: 33

kaloo
Laborer

what color would you make a non-gray, non-black castle in?

Post by kaloo »

Pretty much what the question says. I'd say sand red.

This IS assuming you can't take it apart for parts, or sell it.

I decided not to post this in Castle Mocs because it isn't actually a moc, for all those wondering.
Lollius has been placed by the side of the road so that all who pass may say 'hello Lollius' - Inscription on roman tomb
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

I would make a castle in tan. In fact I am going to build a castle in tan, I have the parts and once my massive sorting project is done, I will be building it. A close second would be white for me, but rather than a castle, it would be a white wizards keep. Nice and tall, but skinny...

Looks like I need to buy some Lego paper now. :D

Will
Last edited by wlister on Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
jeff_o_rama
Laborer

Post by jeff_o_rama »

I voted for tan, but I think that pink would complement the new baby-blue knight very well.

-Jeff
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

I'd go for just about any of the sand colors: tan, sand red, sand green, sand blue. I voted for sand red because I have at least seen tan castles that enthusiasts have made, so that would be new to me.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
Barbapple
Steward

Post by Barbapple »

I voted brown. It would make a great fort. Like fort legorotto for castle. I have seen castles in tan, and I think brown would be much better.
kaloo
Laborer

Post by kaloo »

I guess I didn't think it out that well. If it was a luxury, anything you want castle, this whole topic would be deleted because its a 'what if'. So maybe let's say something like an any color version of 375 or Black Monarch's castle. Or maybe 5000 parts for a castle of any color...

Just say what you voted for and in what sort of contest.
Lollius has been placed by the side of the road so that all who pass may say 'hello Lollius' - Inscription on roman tomb
adm_matthew
Journeyman

Post by adm_matthew »

I would choose white, but it wouldn't exactly be a Castle, it would be a full-scale 7 Tiered city, with only one gate per level, and a tree at the top... Wonder where this could be?
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

I agree with Barbapple. A brown wooden castle would rock! (well, maybe not :wink: ) hehe

I would love to have a motte and bailey wooden fortress! I should really try to make one with my 2 fort legoredo's.

Ben E.
Linus
Freeman

Post by Linus »

I voted yellow. I did this because I think a yellow castle would be rather different and it would also be a tribute to 375.
Plus, a long time ago I saw a TV show on castles. I don't remember much, but I think it said that some kings painted their castles. That means a white or yellow castle could be a castle made of normal stone that has been painted!
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

Hm, I wouldn't make it just one color; I'd make it Tan, Brown, Sand Green, Sand Red, Red, and White....maybe more. The main color would be ether Tan or White.

mD
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

jeff_o_rama wrote:I voted for tan, but I think that pink would complement the new baby-blue knight very well.

-Jeff

hm - can you imagine a barbie castle? Pink with purple trim. Sort of a belville for mini-figs. Guarded of course by our favorite baby blue knight,
Maurice the silly head.

freak
Jedipawn
Artisan

Post by Jedipawn »

Legofreak said
hm - can you imagine a barbie castle? Pink with purple trim. Sort of a belville for mini-figs. Guarded of course by our favorite baby blue knight,
Maurice the silly head
mmm, thats almost worth trying... My wife does like pink barbies. And those of you with daughters might give it a try. However I voted white. My current project is set in the mountains, white with a red/tan gate house. Lots of round towers... anyone know where?

Jedipawn
Long, long ago. In a galaxy far, far away... THERE WERE CASTLES!!!!!
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium

Post by Bruce N H »

Neuschwanstein (which I'm sure our German members can correct my spelling on)? If so, that would be really cool.

Bruce
Jedipawn
Artisan

Post by Jedipawn »

"Schloß Neuschwanstein" from my understanding that is the spelling. I have always thought that this is one of the most beautiful "castles" in the world. While built in the 1800s I still consider it a castle. I was going to build it in minifig scale, 1 foot = 1 stud. But at 443 feet, well... having to make it a little smaller. Ok a lot smaller. We will have to see how the scale works out with the figs... I can't wait to get some feed back on it and inprove my design. Btw, Anyone have any sugestions on the round towers? I am using the 4 x 4 round panels for the gate house towers, making the towers 9 studs in diamiter. I am still exparimenting with the larger towers. Any thoughts would be greatly appreaciated.

Jedipawn
Long, long ago. In a galaxy far, far away... THERE WERE CASTLES!!!!!
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

Could someone provide pics? I toured a castle once while in Germany or Austria, but I was too young to remember much of what the castle looked like, it's name, or where it is. I do remember it was white and had some impressive round towers. I'd like to go to England and Germany sometime again so I can tour some castles (hopefully I'll be old enough to remember it later...).

mD