Question...

Discussion of general LEGO topics
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Question...

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

I was browsing around, and on www.wikipedia.com, I saw that the article of the day was "Lego" I went there, read the article (which is here), and came across this at the bottom
The 2003 opening of a dedicated LEGO shop in Birmingham's Bullring shopping centre (England) was marked by the production of a limited-editon specially branded LEGO piece.
Does anyone know what this piece is? Thanks in advance.

Oh, and another thing. On the links at the bottom, the "Chronicles of Ikros" is referred to 8)

Pretty cool Anthony!
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like heck"

KP 2011!
akochan
Villein

Post by akochan »

It's surely something like this:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=8953

All the Lego stores have their own individual patterned brick like this. Nothing special really, just a way of saying you went there. The store bricks are usually 2x1 bricks. Someone had a brickshelf gallery of a bunch of the actual store ones but I can't find it atm.
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

I have about 15 Duplo 1X2 yellow bricks with the lego logo on one side and "Grand opening Burlington Mall and Solomon Pond mall on the other side." I sent one to LEGOFREAK a while back. If you guys really want one, I would consider sending one. I also got a free TAHU NUVA Red/Green (Tie-dyed) mask.

The store has cool free bricks and other promotionals.

Like free PAB cups with a purchase of $70+
Free lego sports pen with purchase of $20+
Free Mini tie fighter with purchase of any Star Wars product.

If any of you live near one of these LEGO brand stores, check their often! You won't regret it.

DM
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Re: Question...

Post by SavaTheAggie »

lemon_squeezer2 wrote:I was browsing around, and on www.wikipedia.com, I saw that the article of the day was "Lego" I went there, read the article (which is here), and came across this at the bottom
The 2003 opening of a dedicated LEGO shop in Birmingham's Bullring shopping centre (England) was marked by the production of a limited-editon specially branded LEGO piece.
Does anyone know what this piece is? Thanks in advance.

Oh, and another thing. On the links at the bottom, the "Chronicles of Ikros" is referred to 8)

Pretty cool Anthony!
That IS pretty cool! :) I've actually been aware of it for a while, about three weeks now, but I wasn't aware of this post until now, so, umm... sorry for the long delay :) I'm always flattered to see Ikros pop up somewhere unexpected, though lately, between lack of sponsor websites, lack of readership, lack of updates and the big move to the new URL, searching 'Ikros' on google doesn't come up with nearly the same number of hits.

I guess I'll just have to change that :)

--Anthony
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.