The "Brag Thread"

Discussion of general LEGO topics
SirCumferance
Laborer

Post by SirCumferance »

SavaTheAggie wrote:I'm proud that parents ask me where I bought my 'sets' that I brought with me, and even more proud to tell them they're not sets.
Haha, that is funny. Though still being a young-un, I have had my parents ask me if the things I build are 'sets'.
SavaTheAggie wrote:...(inspite of my creativity spilling out all over her room).
:D

I don't think I have much to brag about, except for the happiness and satisfaction that I get from building. To me, there is nothing more satisfying than seeing a great custom weapon I have just made look awsome on my figs, or the sight of a newly built castle. I can brag that none of my creations have been made before, and that nobody else can steal my style, my ideas, and most of all, my creativity.
I am the queen of France!

... Maker of Castle Crusade

Mail me! kullvox03222@yahoo.com
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium

Post by Bruce N H »

Freak: "(and on a side note, nothing to do with lego, but 1 yr, 7 mnths, and 3 wks (at the time of this post) of sobriety)"

Freak wins. Congrats, man.

--

Okay, serious moment aside, there's a lot of cool stuff in this thread. Thanks for the opportunity to go back and check out some great MOCs that I'd either missed or forgotten.

Anthony, your Griffin has always been my favorite of your monsters. Perhaps the others are bigger or more poseable, I just always liked how that one looks.

Bruce
cracker nate
Peasant

Bragging

Post by cracker nate »

Great topic! Reading all of the posts, it hasn't seemed like people are bragging, but more like people are just saying what part of their collections they're proud of.

I like my ever growing armies. Maybe about 150 figs, but getting bigger almost weekly. I've been concentrating lately on my samurai army. I've got 30+ dark grey samurai armor, which serve double duty both protecting my heavy calvary and protecting my space marines (armed with Jeff's blasters).

I also like the story that I have in my head thats waiting to get out. Not sure what form it's going to take, but we'll see. Something in a port town I want to build once the wife and I move into a bigger place, with characters from different kingdoms and political intrege and stuff.

And my small dwarf army. Someday they shall be mighty.
Jennifer
Queen Jenn the Hottie

Post by Jennifer »

I think everyone can be proud of the great community here at CC. It is a great site, with good people, who really become your friends. What's better than that? And all the admins are terrific - eager to help with any problem, or answer any question to the best of their abilities. Thanks Guys!

I guess as LEGO goes, I am proud of the custom figs I have made for my son. And the fact that I have supported him wholeheartedly in his fascination with Lego.

In my life, I am proud of my wonderful sons. They are my crowning achievement. I have done nothing better.

And yes, Freak wins. Hands down..... Patrick, you are to be commended, and applauded. You are a strong, capable person, well loved by those around you, and a role model to show what one can accomplish when one sets their mind. You admit the past things readily, and you are frank about them. That shows much courage. It is a hard road, and you are travelling it well, My Friend. Congratulations on your sobreity.

*whew* ..... Heavy.
Now, I will exit before I start to blubbering. Sheesh.
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

um - :oops:

It wasnt my intention to derail this thread, but I seem to be pretty good at dragging things off topic. I did just want to say thanks to everone who posted a congrats to me. Since I started coming to CCC I have experienced a sense of community that has been an enormous positive force in my life. It has made all the difference between using and not using, and that was why I felt compelled to add that I guess.

NOW - To get back ON TOPIC ( :D )
I didn't see posts by these guys who have every right to brag... TwoTonic, Redbean, LR, Stephen, David O (come on dude! a chance to BRAG!!) and anyone else I may have forgotten!
JP - your armies frighten and impress me. (I had to say that!)
Oh - and this is in another thread.. but check out this new area to play in...

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/thele ... plot02.jpg
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

LEGOFREAK wrote: I didn't see posts by these guys who have every right to brag... TwoTonic...
Well, thank you for the sentiment, but honestly, when it comes to making beautiful Lego structures, I'm far behind most everyone here. My best MOC were pirates ships, and those are all in a sad state of disrepair (the neighborhood kids had a tremendously fun battle with them). I don't even have pictures of them.

I love fiddling with the minifigs and customizing them - I find something vastly appealing and charming in the Lego minifig. I don't know if what I have done with them is worth bragging about, but I do derive an inner sense of satisfaction from doing it.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
DaveOhare01
Apprentice

I never brag

Post by DaveOhare01 »

I never brag.

Well ....

Sometimes--BUT only if I'm really bored. ;)

On a more serious note -- all hail to the folks who make this site so great. That goes for the admins and all of we Gong Farmers who keep it pinesol clean. :] I've grabbed some really great ideas from al of your MOCs and received some great (and actually constructive) feedback as well. So, again -- all hail to you folks!

As for bragging .... http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/DaveO ... _scale.jpg

Dig it!

Dave O
Teh Stud
Bailiff

Post by Teh Stud »

I'm proud to say I was one of the first regular posters on rec.toys.lego! I was also one of the first people in the world to have a Lego website. I built it while I was earning my degree at Purdue University and I posted pictures of a castle I made in High School. I even received an official letter from Lego asking me to remove their Logo from the website!

I thought of somethine else to brag about. I introduced Classic-Castle to the Gong Farmer! :P
AoErat
Villein

Post by AoErat »

I have a light-gray cone helmet ... and a torso with the logo featured on the Classic-Castle banner.

That is about it. :(
porschecm2
Councilor

Post by porschecm2 »

I don't really have any models or pieces worth bragging about much(and I don't like bragging even if I did, though I probably would anyway :wink: ), but I am really proud of the absolutely terrific online community this and other sites provide. It's given me alot of inspiration. And I love the way members of this site especially tell you not only what's good about your MOCs but also what's bad. The only way to get better is to know what's wrong. :) And I am proud of how much I've improved my Lego building skills over the past few years, thanks entirely to the online community. I'm still a long, long, LONG way from being a master builder, but considering what I built a few years ago.... :wink:

Cm2